1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Evil Within Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 21 Oct 2014.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. nightblade628

nightblade628 Minimodder

On day 1, I spent 5 minutes playing and 5 hours trying to fix the game, and I hated every minute of both experiences. Eventually, between the dire performance and graphical fidelity on PC, I gave up. Also, the fact that within 5 minutes, I went from walking around to being jumped by some psycho who LET ME GET AWAY by closing some gates behind me when he could have easily just chopped me to pieces, just annoyed me.

No build-up tension whatsoever, and it required a massive suspension in disbelief; it was almost as bad as the original Scary Movie in terms of horror cliche. Considering how excited I was for this game, I wanted to love it more than anybody, it's just been such a disappointment. I hope others are having a better time than I did.

3. mute1

mute1 What's a Dremel?

This seems to confirm some of my suspicions. :(
    It's disappointing because I've been looking for a truly scary game recently. Just finished Outlast and felt let-down by that too. Haven't tried Amnesia yet. That's been on my list for a while.

4. nightblade628

nightblade628 Minimodder

Try the new Alien: Isolation game. I wouldn't call it scary, more like... Tensely frustrating. I sometimes got annoyed by the fact that no matter WHERE you are on the entire Space Station, the Alien just happens to be in the same room as you... permanently. Oh, a noise at the other end of the corridor? I'll just ignore that and check this locker that I'm sure no player is hiding in. Oh look at that, the Player, who woulda thunk it? That being said, the majority of the game is phenomenal and it's scary until you're first killed by the alien. Definitely worth giving it a try.

5. Deders

Deders Modder

If you have a 21:9 monitor, you get black bars on all 4 edges of the screen and you have to play the game through a small rectangle in the middle.

6. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I like the analogy, but how many younger readers know what whole albums are like?

7. tupera

tupera What's a Dremel?

I couldn't agree more. I loved how I could lose a Working Joe around a corner; go into one of, say, six lockers; and the Working Joe makes a b-line right for the locker I'm in!

8. tupera

tupera What's a Dremel?

I thank you and Rick for the warnings about the PC. I was thinking about getting this, but now, I'll put it in the "maybe" pile once the price drops to dollar store levels. :grr:

9. jimbok11

jimbok11 What's a Dremel?

Maybe pile for sure

Tags: Add Tags