1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by yodasarmpit, 30 Nov 2010.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Redsnake will you please calm down, it was a simple mistake from Canon, he said two drivers when it was actually one driver and one mentor - no need to make a fuss over it. Everyone makes mistakes. You, for example, spelt Martin Hines' name wrong.

And Canon is perfectly entitiled to discuss Hamilton in whatever way he wants to. That's what makes it a discussion :confused:

Last edited: 3 Oct 2011
  2. Canon

Canon Reformed

You're an idiot.

And yeah, as Uni said, my mistake, sorry. I just remembered there had been two sets of initials on his helmet and that it was his fathers idea, should have remembered M.H.

3. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Why the hell would his opinion of Hamilton have anything to do with that particular subject? If anything that's a positive opinion about him for having the decency to have it there on display, i didn't see every driver and/or team doing it.

Besides Canon's opinion of Hamilton has improved greatly, he now knows he was wrong and has apologised to me with honour and humility via PM and knows that i forgive him :p (kidding :lol: It was a fun war for a while though, even if i lost. He proved that last race the numpty)

4. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

It was the tone with which he expressed himself. I'm far from being a Lewis fan, but the repeated, and repeated venomous remarks and attitude that Canon's opinion is the only one that matters is just tiring. I was tired, had a crap weekend, and lashed out, my apologies. I joined these forums because of the intelligent and considered comments, but the constant sniping, belittling, arrogant, and ignorant behavior is too much like the real world now, and I no longer look forward to reading the thoughtful, insightful and reasoned remarks which used to be the mainstay of these forums, because they are so rare.

theevilelephant likes this.
  5. Pieface

Pieface Modder

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Seriously, what part of that is hard to understand ? And what is suprising in this ? This is pretty much what number two pilot in any team does - hold up the quicker drivers from other teams, so number one pilot in team will have a bigger breathing space (distance from the cars behind him). Alonso was in front of him, Hamilton behind him, so Massa's job was to hold Hamilton behind him as long as he can. It is called racing for a reason. The cars in front of you are not a charity organization, they want to keep their spots. If it means to "destroy" your race, so be it. By "destroy" they meant keep Hamilton behind Massa as long as possible by any legal means.

I don't think this adds any "twist to the story", it is a no2 pilots job in any team.

And this had nothing to do with the crash itself, Hamilton was simply "sleeping" and was breaking too late, so he crashed in the back of Massas car. If you hit any car from behind, be it on race track or on the roads, it is always the fault of the car behind.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I think it's people clutching at straws over what was otherwise a boring race at a boring track. Yawn.

8. Canon

Canon Reformed

You are reading FAR TOO MUCH into my last comment, I got somebodies life long profession wrong, that's all. I would have got it wrong if it was tattooed on Murray Walkers arse cheeks for god's sake.

Give yourself a shake, come back later, there's no need to get touchy about Hamilton, the only reason I mentioned him is because I thought I was answering someones question, as Unicorn kindly pointed out, as you could have easily done, I got that answer wrong, the correction has been made, no harm has been done and there is no need to continue talking about Lewis Hamilton!

And btw your comments about me having a 'hard on' for him are just vulgar but I would be a liar if I said I didn't snigger when I read it.

Regarding the radio 'controversy' sounds like make believe to me, if he understood that he had to 'destroy' someones race and carried the act out, knowing that he had caused an incident, he would go back to the Ferrari garage and take all the praise for doing as he was told, not literally swell up with anger and burst out on telly, that would be a waste of breath. Deffinitely clutching at straws.

P.S

[​IMG]

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

You thought Singapore was boring? I found it quite interesting tbh - this is the first year in a long time that I've followed F1 whole race by whole race, including all the other good stuff like Practice and quali, and as a result it's the first time that I've seen the Singapore GP start to finish. I think the fact that they run it at night is awesome. It adds a whole other sense of "oooh" to the whole thing. It's probably the pretty lights :)

Also I'm not sure if she's been mentioned in this thread before, but Lee McKenzie is gorgeous. She's gorgeous, she's into cars and motorsport and to top it all off seems to have a fantastic personality. What an awesome girl :thumb:

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I'm not denying it's the first season in a while that I have watched every race, in full, but comparatively the Singapore track is very boring and Vettel had a massive lead. The in-between stuff was generally good but compared to the other races it's a season low-point (which I respect is still high compared to most previous seasons :p)

11. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Sadly Singapore is in there for the exact same reason as Bahrain, money. The tracks themselves are awful and down at the bottom of Tilke's questionable designs. He's got it right once or twice, notably with the upcoming Indian and next years USA grand prix's as those tracks both look fantastic but most of the newer races for the last 5-10 years have not been brilliant tracks and the best of those has now been dropped, Turkey, for the same reason, money. Although in fairness the grandstands at Turkey have been pitifully empty.

Singapore was better than before this year but wasn't the great spectacle that really great tracks give. I also hold the opinion that the 'night-race' thing is purely a gimmick. The amount of lighting they have almost makes it easier than some of the daylight races. It's been done only so that it is broadcast at roughly the same time as the majority of races which take place in Europe so sponsors don't lose advertising time due to not as many people getting up at 5a.m.

I do though, roll on the next, sleep deprived weekend :D

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I agree with the "night" race faf. Japan and Australia don't have the same 'problem'.

13. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Being an F1-junkie on the US West Coast, I am very used to early mornings. Almost all the races of the season are at 5am on Sunday :hehe:

I actually thought this year's Singapore GP was not bad. I like street circuits because there are always shenanigans.

14. Canon

Canon Reformed

I envy you so much. Nothing worse than trying to avoid the radio or any sort of social media for a whole day at work so that you can come home and watch for yourself.

Plus, I love to get up when it's dark an old habit I must resume some time :hehe:

15. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Agreed, what i really want to see is the cars designed with removable light pods :D, not possible i know, but it would be awesome to have a couple of 'proper' night races imo.

Spa at night would be awesome, but im sure it would be too 'dangerous' and 'no good for TV', although all the le mans cars cope pretty well.

16. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I enjoy the night race! Its nice to see the brake disks glowing, sparks from the under tray and the flames coming from the exhausts.

17. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

They do. There is a huge difference between 6-7AM (JAP/AUS) and 2PM (Singapore) race here in Europe.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Of course it's convenient for Europeans, but that doesn't stop people from recording it or watching the re-run :p I live in +8 and all EU races are super late night here!

So basically local Asians have to suffer late night races for the convenience of Europeans? That's not exactly fair.

19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

They're just catering to the largest audiences, which at the moment are in Europe, and trying to provide a spectacle by making it a night race. You still get the Jap, Malaysian, Chinese, Korean and Aus GP's at convenient times. :)

20. Canon

Canon Reformed

Isn't Formula Nippon broadcast? Because I would recommend having a watch of that to get your fix.