1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress UberCube by Getim, 2nd April - Completed

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by getim@hotmail.com, 3 Apr 2012.

1. getim@hotmail.com

getim@hotmail.com What's a Dremel?

UberCube By Getim X

Also check out the YouTube Vid
    http://youtu.be/mYAdpW7x-PE

Completed
    [​IMG]

Built from scratch
    [​IMG]

One very unique thing about this build is it has a fully functioning 19" monitor built into the side of the case
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Half a sheet of aluminum diamond plate and 24 feet of diamond corner plate
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The exterior of the cuber is 18" X 18" X 18"
    [​IMG]

The cube is hinged to split into 2 pieces.
    [​IMG]

The electrical was 100% re-done, warranty's void on PSU's hours after i bought them
    [​IMG]

over 300 feet of wire and 250 crimps were needed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This PC was built completely from scratch over the course of 5 months. In cube form it is 18"x18"x18" and weighs 80 pounds. Some of its features include a 19" monitor built into the exterior of the case which can be utilized as a primary or secondary monitor. It also has two power supplies, one powers the motherboard and the other powers the graphics and cooling. Both of these power supplies start with the motherboard. The entire cube is also powered by a single power cord!

The most important feature is the diamond plate. No, that isn't a sticker but solid aluminum plate attached to an upholstered frame. This case is solid enough to stand on! The power supply was completely re-wired for everyhting to come out the opposite side because the PSU must exhaust outside the case when its closed. There is approximately 300 feet of wire in this case, I ordered spools of wire and Molex connecters and crimped everything by hand.

I wanted this case to be a Tough, over the top yet legitimate case mod. The case doesn't hide any of its parts, prominently displaying its 4+Tara-bites of storage, SSD, Matrix GTX GPU, Maximus 4 Extreme MOBO, 16GB ram and water cooling, All overclocked. The case also has 4 handles so if i were to make a friend this person could help me carry the thing lol.