1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News UT3 delayed until next year?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 3 Oct 2007.

1. kempez

kempez modding again!

The only game on that list I actually want is Motorstorm...and I have it. The rest are either old or just remakes, nothing new or special.

Trouble is I already have a 360 and a good gaming PC, so nothing stands out as something I want to play on my PS3 I'm afraid

Last edited: 7 Oct 2007
  2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

The unfortunate truth is you've just described the majority of games released on anything over the past couple of years :duh: and due to increasing costs of development and publishers not wanting to take risks doesn't look set to change. :wallbash: The exception probably being indie PSN/Live titles.

3. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Give the console some time my friend, it's not like 360 had all of these amazing games out either less than 1 year into its life now did it?

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

World in Conflict is totally new

5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

World in conflict is nice but if you are a fan of strategy titles you will realize that in fact there is nothing particularly new in that title (try Massive old stuff like GC) , definately nothing ground breaking, its just done with a lot more spit and polish which is what you expect from a new release.

6. kempez

kempez modding again!

I am, or I wouldn't have bought it. It's an awesome bit of kit and Blu-Ray playback is superb :)

Gears, Bioshock and a few other games come to mind of good games on the 360 where the PS3 has a big gap

7. devdevil85

Dude, I know you bought it; I can read. All I'm saying is give the console some time before you start giving it bad rep on the games side of things.

And how long after 360's release did GoW debut? along with Bioshock?.....so again...how long has the PS3 been out to accumulate games such as these?...MS paid for Bioshock's exclusivity btw...or it would be on the PS3, too....remember that...

8. kempez

kempez modding again!

The PS3 was released a year after the 360...I get it. But then I also think that in that time they should have some games for it. As I said it is a nice bit of a kit, but my opinions stand about the games.

I really cannot be bothered to post in this thread any more, for fear of being accused of being a 360 fanboy for saying the PS3 doesn't have any killer titles yet!! :sigh: :rolleyes:

9. devdevil85

kempez, it was almost a year after 360's conception before GoW debuted and Bioshock has taken 1 year and 9 months. The PS3 doesn't even have a year under it's belt and it's already being declared the "loser". All I'm saying is give Sony until this Xmas and a little afterward and there will be some killer titles to grab.

Titles, coming out by or before the 1-year debut of the PS3, that stand out to me are: Clive Barker's Jericho, Folklore, Rachet & Clank, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Conan, Guitar Hero III, Stranglehold, CODIV, Bladestorm, Army of Two, Assassin's Creed, Beowulf, The Orange Box, Haze, etc.

kempez, I'm sorry you feel that way, but if there are 2 sides to a story, then acknowledge the other side, but don't feel like anyone thinks you're a 360 fanboy.

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Dev, you have to bear in mind that the PS3 is being called the loser because the alternatives seem better. Also, of that list of games you list only 4 of them are PS3 exclusive and some, like the Orange Box are coming out latest of all on the PS3 and will be on PC or 360 first. Even of those exclusives, Army of Two, Folklore, Ratchet and Haze, only Haze really stands out to me personally.

The PS3 is a great console and I'm not biased against it at all, but its undeniable that it is the weakest of the currently available consoles on a games front.

11. devdevil85

But Joe, exclusivity was irrelevant to the argument. kempez said that there weren't any "stand out" titles coming out for the PS3, so I gave him some "stand out" titles that I thought were going to be released in the very near future on the PS3.

I understand that the PS3 is the weakest console as of right now when compared to the 360 (don't compare it to the Wii, please), but like I've said before: the PS3 doesn't even have a year under it's belt and just like the PS2, a console should last more than just 3-4 years, so people should remember that and not just keep looking in the now with the 360, but also in the future. In regards to the titles that I listed (some of them not being your thing which I understand), that's of course your opinion, but those titles are going to be fun and they are going to show off what the PS3 has to offer making them "stand out" from currently released games.

12. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Fair does - it's just that to me a 'stand-out console title' has to be one that is either designed mainly for that system or is exclusive to that system. 'tis why Portal is a standout PC title this year to me, but not a stand out 360 title. Stand out 360 titles would be BioShock, Dead Rising, etc. The Orange box is primarily designed for PC after all.

Just my opinion :D

13. devdevil85

I do understand where you are coming from Joe. I think exclusivity is a good thing in the sense that you know the game will be made only for that console which will in turn bring with it, the best that game can be on that console, but I also think that as long as the game plays "the way it was meant to be played" (forgive my nvidianess) and it "stands out" from it's game couterparts/rivals (which for the PS3 isn't much of a feat this far, but there's still a handful of great games) then it should be considered "stand out", but again that's my opinion.

14. kempez

kempez modding again!

I said I wouldn't :p but now it's a little more civil and good debate :D

See here's where I was coming from :)

The thing is, right now PS3 just hasn't got many games I want to play/buy, and in making a decision to buy; say PES 2008 on the PS3 instead of the 360 I feel I'm missing out, certainly on Xbox Live play and hell even stupid gamer score points give games a little more lifetime.

However, I really cannot wait for Haze, which is a stand out title imo...it's just that no other games are out there that makes me think "I must get a PS3 for <insert game title here>", whereas if I were to be new in the console market right now I see quite a few reasons to get an Xbox 360. It does depend on taste in games as well I agree. Trouble is I have a pretty damn fine PC too, so titles like UT3 will be played on PC instead of PS3, and who else can't wait for Crysis? :D

At the moment the very best thing about the PS3 is BluRay...and that's my opinion :hip:

15. devdevil85

Well kempez, why did you buy a PS3 then? Especially if you already have a 360 and a "damn good" PC? The only thing I can see you wanting on there is of course Blu-Ray playback, DVD upscaler, handful of exclusive titles, using the PS3 as you Home Media Server, etc. Also, once Playstation Home comes out there will be what Sony calls "Trophies" which as basically like Xbox Achievements because there will be trophies within the trophies that you will earn for doing extra things within the games, and of course all of that will be free vs. paying for XBL. Either way, I agree games are of personal preference and in your case you are more of a 360/PC gamer, but you already bought the PS3 and tbh, as long as you use it for what YOU wanted it for then the purchase was probably justified even though as of right now you don't think there's anything out there. What about the titles I listed previously? do any of those interest you?

16. kempez

kempez modding again!

I bought a PS3 mainly for BluRay as I love high-def movies and the 360's HD-DVD player was a bit pants. Also as I knew somewhen in the distant future I would want GT/GTA/Metal Gear :)

Haze is the game I want when it's out, and I will probably get PES 2008 if the PS3 version doesn't miss out any big features. Might pick up UT3 for playing against my mates when they're round too. The PS3's in the lounge so it's in a more social place than the 360 which is hooked up to my PC screen in the computer room.

17. devdevil85

what is PES 2008?

18. kempez

kempez modding again!

lol umm link

On a more serious note click here

The contents of this post are made in jest and not to be taken as offensive or serious in the slightest. If I offended you, seriously stop crying :p

19. devdevil85

Remember, in the US it's not Pro Evolution Soccer, it's Winning Eleven (which I own Winning Eleven 8 btw), and sorry for asking the question....I'll stop crying now....:thumb:

20. kempez

kempez modding again!

hehe, didn't know it was called that state-side, wonder why that is?? Weird :)

Anyway I'm really looking forward to it :D

Tags: Add Tags