1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve to change Counter-Strike pistols

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 11 Dec 2006.

1. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

2. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I dont play cs:source (i am one of the old school 1998 TFC players). But this is ridiculous. I have played the old CS a few hundred times. And all that you want to do is equip the best weapon and armor your money could buy as soon as possible. And then rush to the A or B spot. And most of the time you learned the key combo to quickly go thru the buying menu. Like 1,2,6 or something likewise. With the changing prices you would press 1,2 and the run out of money because the price of the weapon of choice is sudenly 20,000. So you start running arround and then you noticed that you dont have a weapon... damn!

At least in the old system everyone had a even choice and money to buy something usefull...

3. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

I actually really like the dynamic pricing option. I think it makes players more adaptable and more skillfull. Ryan the MAC10 is brilliant you just need some practice with it. The other day I was playing in a server where almost everyone was UMP'ing becuase they are so cheap, it was hilarious fun, people actually got really good with them in the end. The high priced deagle is great too, no longer do u get buggers AWP'ing and then deagling you when u get close, plus there have been loads more knife kills lol

4. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

"What I really find laudable are the ‘Hot Bargain’ advertisements."

You then go on to say how pointless the 'Hot Bargain' night vision goggles are. I don't get it - should this be laughable?

5. xrob

xrob What's a Dremel?

As i expected, you need to ad this to the new post aswell, advertisements coming to cs

they are adding adverts in cs 1.6, they are saying because of their on going support for the cs 1.6 community, erm hello, if you look at the stats i think you'll find the 75% of steam users playing online are actually playing 1.6, they havnt even made a single update to 1.6 in around 2 years, still got the same old flash bugs on nuke and d2, its stupid.

taken from steam site:
    Game/Current Players/Current Servers
    Counter-Strike 117,789/75,048
    Counter-Strike: Source 17,384/30,550

The stats speak for them selves, they are adding adverts to 1.6 so they can gain back the money they have wasted on updating source, and for them to make yet more retarded changes to their unpopular cs:s. If valve had a ****ing clue they would be updating and improving 1.6. Valve need to stop wasting money away on ****** updates to this stupid version of cs, and stop the hackers in 1.6.

Just a note i am not against ads in cs 1.6, far from it, but i want to see it benefit 1.6 not valves other bollocks games, and making up wasted money spent on updating other games. they have dont absolutely **** all for 1.6 in the last 2 year and now they are doing this. This could be huge benefit putting ads in 1.6 for big competition lans. All valve want is money.

Any enough complaining.

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

mclean007: I think it's meant to be sarcasm...

7. jjsyht

jjsyht Hello, my name is yuri

What's the flash bug?

8. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

My sarcasm isn't working this morning :p

9. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

D'oh. Monday morning. Oops

10. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

We have disabled the dynamic pricing on both our hexus servers so we dont care what they do tbh. Howver if they keep f**king it up then my clan will move onto a new game that suits us and the majority of gamers better.

Neon

11. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

I find that offensive. My favourite weapon is now dirt cheap!

now its CHEAP COMEDY KILLS!

12. xrob

xrob What's a Dremel?

flashing under ramp box, flashes the entire ramp and anyone at the top of the ladder. how do you not know that, its been there for years.

13. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

at least CS.S is more fun to play now... i hope they update every weapon for effectiveness.

and i hope they don't modify CS 1.6 because if they do they will ruin it..... unless they make it cheat proof.

edit: what is the price of the (rather rarely used) machine gun now?

14. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Argh!! Can't they leave the games alone? If it ain't broke don't frigging try fixing it! :wallbash:
    Can they screw up the game even more? Looking at the track record, it's hard not to say no... bloody hell :waah:

15. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Ditto.

16. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

What they need, are extremely cheap or expensive.

For example, the Desert Eagle. Everyone uses it because it's powerful. But, the little used P228 is nearly as powerful, about half the price, and fires faster. Make the Desert eagle $1200 instead of $1000, and the P228 $400. It'll be used a lot more. The FiveseveN? That needs to be even cheaper.

As for the MG, they need another one. How long has the M249 been in? It's old, it's slow, it's a near useless gun. Either make it $2000, add other MG's (something with a bipod would be nice), or drop it.

17. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

M429 is a favourite of mine for when I have a lot of cash and just want to do some general blasting :D

I always bought the P228 anyway. I didn't like the small mag capacity of the deagle and as I don't try to snipe with pistols it isn't a problem.

18. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

How about adding an MG3, fires at 1200 rounds/minute (sounds like a zipper).

Given what's happened to CS:S, I think the 1.6 community is better off if Valve just completly forgets they exist and never updates the game again.

19. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

Jeez... I guess there's no need for players then, just bots, right?

I don't enjoy playing games by rote, but apparently I'm in the minority.

20. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

If they would concentrate on preventing cheating instead of 'improving' the game in other ways I'd be much happier.

And the MAC10 pwns! ;)
    Just not as much as the TMP... :(

Tags: Add Tags