1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Video editors no subs

Discussion in 'Software' started by Archtronics, 29 Mar 2019.

1. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Anyone reccommend a decent video editior that is of similar quality and spec to Premiere or Final Cut. but is just a one off fee none of this subscription nonsense that seems to have crept in the last few years.

Camera used will be iphone & go pros.
    Windows 10.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm told DaVinci Resolve is the way to go. There's a free version that does up to Ultra HD resolution at 60 frames per second, or for a $299 one-time purchase you unlock true 4k at 120fps.

3. slimithy

slimithy Minimodder

I would suggest Kdenlive because it's what I use on Linux, but it doesn't run too well on Windows apparently.
    There is Lightworks, which is supposed to be just as good, and works on Windows too. Last I heard though it doesn't like mkv files.
    Or some thing a bit more pro, Vegas.

Last edited: 6 Apr 2019
  4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Humble Bundle has a VEGAS Pro 15 Edit bundle currently. Not sure if its any use as I'm not familiar with this kind of software.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

DaVinci Resolve if you can get your head around it [it's a bit daunting if you're unfamiliar with it]

Shotcut iirc is decent enough free option.

and as @Bloody_Pete points out VEGAS is currently in a humble bundle [and pops up fairly frequently iirc]

6. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

Another poke in the direction of Resolve, being free its easy to test if you get along before splashing the cash. Dad has just moved to it from Magix software to get better 4K and (i believe) ProRes support. There is also a lot of free tutorials out there for Resolve so should you be starting from scratch knowledge wise, there's stuff to get you started.