1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Just the one shot of my new ride, the others haven't turned out great.

Loving it so far, although it needs a few bits and pieces (e.g. the steels need refurbishing)

[​IMG]

Unicorn likes this.
  2. el2k

el2k Modder

So jealous of you. I drove one on a "Rally Experience Day" and absolutely loved it....

Edit: I drive a Mk5 1.6 Zetec S

Pictures below...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 3 Jun 2010
  3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Aaaargh!!!! Image size fail.

[EDIT]

Ninjad by Krikkit! LOL

Not got rid your Mini have you?

4. Krikkit

Resized your piccies for something a little more broadband-friendly. :p

I love the Rallye so far, the cornering is absolutely unbelievable.

I like those Zetec S Fiestas, that one looks good although the twin exhaust isn't my taste.

5. el2k

el2k Modder

Yeah thanks for that, My bad...

As for the exhausts, Wasn't my taste at first but they have grown on me majorly. I think the sweeeeeet roar they make when its hot outside helped change my mind.

Yeah the cornering was one of the best parts of the car. Taking corners way faster than i thought i should and the instructor was telling me to push it further. Incredible little cars.

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

She's a beauty Krikkit, health to enjoy mate :)

7. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Nice purchase Krikkit. :rock: The best thing about those cars is to most people its just another little Pug and they don't know what its capable of. :naughty:

8. Xir

Xir Modder

Hmmm, howcome I don't have a single decent Pic of a car I've owned for ten years now? :confused:

Anyway, it's a '97 Coupe Fiat 20VT.
    2 liter turbo 20 valve (5 cylinder) 220 horseys :thumb:
    Plenty fast, but with over 265K km's on it.

[​IMG]

9. krazykid035

krazykid035 Entrepreneur

Here is mine (sorry for the pic size...photobucket):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. bestseany

bestseany What's a Dremel?

I've just bought this. Pick it up tomorrow :)

[​IMG]

11. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Nice choice with the ZS. Which engine is in it? Head over to fordmondeo.org for mondeo related shenanigans.

12. bestseany

bestseany What's a Dremel?

It's got the TDCi 130 engine in it. I've gotta clean out the EGR valve and inlet manifold out tomorrow though as it's a little bit smokey at the moment.

I'm already on MEG mate, as I've got a mk2 Mondeo at the moment.

13. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Your health to enjoy the new Mondeo :) The 130 bhp engine is plenty, I've driven Dads 2 litre, 130 brake Mondeo Titanium MK3 a bit and it's very quick and "torquey", especially compared to my lowly 1500 Clio :p

14. Odin Eidolon

Odin Eidolon What's a Dremel?

THAT is a car. Love little Peugeots. I had a 106 1.5 Diesel and even though it had only 56 hp it did nice (and it did 30km/L, much more than what modern cars do). What's that, 1.6L 16v? the 120hp one?

I am currently looking for a 306 2.0 HDI (89hp). That's a nice car too, great fuel economy while still capable of nice performance. Also with only 45hp/L it'll do for sure 300000km. (yes, I know, damn you and your awkward miles, feet, gallons, bhp...)

15. Krikkit

The S2 Rallye is the TU5J2 engine, 1.6 8v, 103hp and 120Nm. Doesn't sound much but with a short box and low kerb weight it's really quite nippy. :)

The one you're thinking of is the GTi engine (a common mod for the Rallye, there are a lot of 16v conversions out there) which is a TU5J4 (i.e. 4 valves per cylinder).

16. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Krikkit weren't you at 16 999 posts a few days ago ? Which thread got deleted ? :D

Also, it's crazy how different our views of cars are between american and europe. Excluding the Smart, the smallest cars we get here are the Yaris, the Fit and the Versa, all of which are probably twice the weight of that 106 :hehe:

Although I am not into the American mentality of bigger is better, I still prefer my car's size over what most of you guys have. I would feel totally cramped in such small hatchbacks. You say your roads are different but to be honest, from what I saw on Top Gear (take it for what it's worth) they're not really different from what we have here. Your highways are the same and, believe it or not, we have back roads too !

17. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I want the best of both worlds. Small european hatchback + American V8 = Gokart :D

18. Krikkit

Haven't been posting that much this past couple of weeks - between one thing and another I seem to be really busy!

I think the feel of small cars is one you either like or don't - plenty of people over here wouldn't own a small car either. The Big vs Small argument from the US is mostly from the larger end of the scale. Our idea of a big 4x4 and yours are very different. Not to mention a "minivan" is a very large people carrier over here.

Newer small cars are coming down in weight now after having a bloating period when safety began to be crucial, the new ones are getting to be very respectable kerb weights of < 1000kg despite being much safer than my car. That's my biggest criticism of it really, it's rather flimsy in an accident. When I can afford to keep it as a 2nd car I'll be putting a full roll cage with door bars etc in to improve safety. At the moment I'm relying on my own skill to avoid an accident rather than surviving one.

I haven't seen the roads up your way, but I think the size of your back roads and ours are probably quite different. I've never seen a road on TG that looks vaguely small - most are pretty wide A-roads and stuff.

19. el2k

el2k Modder

I agree with Krikkit, You either love driving small cars or you hate it.

For me i find it more exciting...
    Maybe it's more to do with the fact that you are usually lower to the ground and because you are in a small car it always feels like you are going way faster than you actually are.
    Cornering is more fun, everything just gives a bit more of an adrenaline rush than sitting in some big comfortable executive car doing 100mph and feeling like you're doing 30...

It simply is a matter of personal taste. Both have their goods and bads.

As for the roads.... I live in Somerset pretty much in the country... Some of the little old lanes around here only just fit a small care through. All the roads they use on Top Gear are pretty much A and B roads which will comfortably fit all vehicles on.

20. Odin Eidolon

Odin Eidolon What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I agree with Krikkit too. Driving small (and old) cars is somewhat more exiting. The feeling you have with the car is much more intense.

However try to drive one of your crazy huge car in our cities! Most of european cities are very old, thus the street are not as large as yours, as are the parkings.