1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education What model are you building?

Discussion in 'General' started by KayinBlack, 14 Dec 2012.

1. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

use the back of your craft blade to score the contour line around the door. It should shave the plastic, and it'll take a while to cut it out in this fashion but it'll product a really smooth cut out.

2. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I started doing that, with the sharp bit of the blade though not the back, and it was going through, but was just so slow. So I got one of my micro drill bits out and drilled a number of holes along the top edge, and then used the knife to join up the holes. Not as smooth, but I can sand it smooth afterwards.
    Just got to decide how I'm going to sort out the bits where there's perspex for the glass, as it's one piece for windscreen, side screens and rear screen.

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

hope your panel gap isn't huge now, lol. fit and finish of a Rover SD1

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

good news!

the big strike gundam kit I built was fantastic in all bar one area, the Decals. you'd think a kit that took 2 years to design would have either water or etch'd decals and not shitty stickers, anyway long story short i found a guy online with some aftermarket water based for the kit, after a bit of wrangling and getting around his "unable to ship to the uk" stance I've a set arriving soon :D

[​IMG]

now I've got to find the sodding manual as to each decals placement. its either that or look at photos online

5. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Can't wait to see that! :)

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Meh, won't bother me, I own a classic mini, and there's two classic TVRs in the garage, so panel gaps aren't a worry of mine, :D

Also, it's an old model, which is never going to look great anyway, so thought I'd have a play.

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Would anyone have an idea as to where I would be able to source a really nice Spider Tank from the end of the Ghost in the Shell movie? Not the Tachikoma, rather the big walker that defends the car at the end.

8. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

SamuelDecal? I swear, I want my own Alps printer, just to get around the whole "cut and paste Wikipedia onto the body of the Gundam" he does.

9. KidMod-Southpaw

The BMW arrived today, I'm already enjoying the extensive research into the car to see if there's any extra details I can add.

10. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

For the decals, could you use something like this? You design them in Photoshop or whatever and print them out with a standard printer I think.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

very VERY few printers can print white.

12. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

My Stuka is now finished and suspected from my ceiling dive bombing the rabbits cage :D
    Got a cheapo airbrush from Hobbycraft and some Vallejo Air paints, pretty impressed with it all!
    Now just the Whirlwind, Spitfire, Wulf and a Churchil to go!

13. KidMod-Southpaw

Made a start where I could on the BMW today. Got the body washed and ready for priming and washed and painted the wheels.

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

PICTURES DAMNIT! YOU CANT BUILD A MODEL WITH WORDS ALONE!

CAPSLOCK!

15. KidMod-Southpaw

I'll upload some after dinner. Haven't done hand painting like this in, well, never, so I need some critique. Right now, I'm doing what I can without an airbrush. :)

Edit: Seriously, Tamiya acrylics are incredible!

16. Ferino

Ferino Minimodder

I think a Gundam heavy arms MG 1/100 model is going to be on it's way to me in the new year. You guys have given me the model making bug!

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

nice,

fun fact:

the MG heavy arms is in actual actually the machine used in the Endless Waltz OVA only painted like the one in the original series, nice twist on the original armaments though.

I might have to order one and paint it to look like the one from EW, that thing was badass.

18. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Love the stuff you all have posted here. I haven't built any scale models for quite some time. Modding PCs kind of took its place. I should upload pics I have of the unbuilt, vintage Star Wars and other models in my storage area.

19. KidMod-Southpaw

I think we can agree that you are a very cool grandma. :lol:

20. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Why thank you, good sir! I feel it is my duty to introduce my granddaughter to as many fun things in life as I can. She already loves messing about with my screwdriver and extra screws. Perhaps we'll build a PC together when she's five.

Scale models always fascinated me, especially cars. Belonged to a local chapter of the International Plastic Modelers Society for a while. Some great diorama builders and guys with amazing skills.