1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Print everything out and take it to Royal Mail.
    But yes, Ebay's always side with the buyer mentality is as irritating as a drunk Trump supporter.

On the other hand, I have had stuff go missing for over a month in Royal Flail's system. One set of bike cranks turned up a full week after I had refunded the guy, who impressed me by telling me and re-paying.

2. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Faith in humanity restored.

and this Amazon Prime event is pushing my purchases back to Saturday lol =/ just realised the 50 glue sticks i ordered is 7mm where the gun takes 11mm ugh

My sizing for components has been absolutely perfect lately so something had to spoil the train

3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

To be fair, eBay does do stuff properly sometimes - I had a buyer claim something arrived damaged, had my account frozen while the dispute was open and all that fun stuff, but because they failed to upload proof of damage, the case was closed and I never heard anything about it again.

But that was probably in the 5-10% of cases of the seller getting the deserved outcome!

4. Canon

Canon Reformed

I'm not surprised in the slightest, I have been very lucky to avoid any issues in all the years I have used it. I wonder how business survives on eBay, I once traded high volume there but it was very different. The last thing I sold was a handful of old playstation games, the fees were very close to the total selling amount somehow, and considering I thought they were percentage based I still struggle to work that one out.

This one is just a bit of a punch in the gut because it was something I was hesitant to get rid of, as I needed the money however I let it go. Now instead I'm paying to give it away...

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Left the house at 7am to find a white van **** parked across my drive, so I wasted 20 minutes knocking on doors. "Chill out mate, I'll be gone in half an hour" he says. "I'm on a ferry in half an hour, so you'll be gone now, dickhead"

I must've looked like a particularly angry chappie because he blinked, gulped and bottled it.

Yep nearly got into a fight before going to a meeting. Really clever, Dave. Very mature.

Then karma kicked in and put every cyclist, tractor and silvertop in front of me, so I arrived at the ferry terminal with one minute to spare, all stressful and panicled. It's gonna be a great day!

adidan likes this.
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Justifiably p!ssed off in my book. If I can't get out because you've blocked me in then you can bet your arse that you're gonna get a p!ssed off knock on the door from me. You don't get to disrupt someone's else's life because you can't be arsed to park properly.

7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

My trainee doesn't seem to understand how to function without commenting on what shes doing all the time. Plus shes constantly bugging me about a ticket that needs a KB file installing. No mention of what KB or what it does, just a KB file. Because I clearly know this?!!

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Better a trainee asks questions and does what they can to remind themselves on how to do things, such as commenting on what they're doing.

Lighten up dude, far better a questioning trainee who is, by definition, being trained than one that sits quietly and fecks up causing you problems. Also by definition, they are a trainee and will need guiding.

Seriously, yours is a great problem to have. :)

Edit: this wasn't meant to sound like a dig at you btw if it did.

jenners likes this.
  9. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

FUN and a long life or NGINX and SSL. Pick one.

10. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Having just trained up 2 staff and still supporting them it's really annoying being asked things they should know by now and be able figure out but also being a trainee now aswell I am asking away because I'm unsure.

C'est la vie

11. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Oh I get that, they are just giving running commentary on whats in their tickets, if it was a question it would be fine but its commentary on what they are doing. Or as they just asked "If were getting rid of roaming profiles, what happens to the roaming profiles" well....

adidan likes this.
  12. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Nginx 1.14 and TLSv1.3, obviously.

13. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Been told If I don't finish my coursework by the time I go on holiday (early friday) DR will be taking back his 1080ti and Vive from me. *sad doge

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Given I'm sat here with an A10-5800K and no Vive, my heart ain't exactly weepin'.

15. MLyons

But you don't like VR and it's not as if you can't upgrade. You just don't want to.

16. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

You have a PC that works... Quit yo whining...

jenners likes this.
  17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I also can't afford to. What, you think they pay the freelancers the big bucks? Hah!
    Didn't I offer you the DinkyBox?

18. MLyons

What's wrong with yours?

19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

You did, and i didn't take you up on it... I live with a smoker [who steadfastly refuses to stop :/ ] so i always feel bad accepting stuff like that not kowing what state it'll be in when i give it back.

How long do you have? At this point i'm just glad it still turns on, and that's not always guaranteed...

20. Gareth Halfacree

's probably the best box you could have for an environment like that: passive, no fans.