1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

My college timetable was revealed today and it could not be any worse. Firstly, we were promised that instead of having our time wasted with all half days, we would get full days, and free days. We've got the full days, but each one is scattered with breaks, so there's even more wasted time.

It leaves absolutely NO time for outside work so that's just gone tits up. The big killer is that for whatever reason, instead of one personal tutor (glorified PHSE lesson) session like last year, they now feel the need to make us have 3.

So now I understand why second year students' attendance is so poor.

2. asura

asura jack of all trades

3. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Collage seems to be universally a joke in the UK.

My little bro is doing a painting course 'Full time' (3 days a week). He's just received his timetable for this term and they have forced him to do some key skills ******** (even though he passed all of his GCSE's last year). The kicker is that its added an extra day onto his college week, a whole day of learning stuff he already knows...Don't get me started on the Health a Safety time sync...

4. KidMod-Southpaw

Just to make up numbers for the colleges and government, of course.

5. iggy

iggy Minimodder

[​IMG]

I feel your pain.

6. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

you must be going though hell

[​IMG]

FML

7. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

^

I recently had my phone wire outside replaced it some how got severed, hmm :duh:

Which reminds me I should do some pruning there is an annoying weed that keeps climbing up it though i'm sure this didn't break it.

8. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

:( Essendon are out of the finals..........

9. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

This just this

Its not so much ruining my life as slowly driving me certifiably insane.

I can see no logical reason why its not working.

I'm close to shooting the computer for it's treason against me.

I'm at a loss, which isn't helped by the fact that I planned on using the FTP server not only for the GF for when she was out but for me when I'm running the creative writing session at the local library.

10. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

O2 bloody charging me a full month for a contract that was already up last month. They're refunding it, but they would've kept it if I hadn't complained.

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Idiots on ebay "Hey man I've reported you to eBay for using my product image... The image he grabbed from my website because it has my websites watermark on the bloody bottom idiot! thanks for the free advertising though.... Allot of people are copying my description from my product listing which has the link to my to a article on my website so... just lol

12. KidMod-Southpaw

Discovering the full extent of the damage that my college timetable is going to do. I'm not sure how long I can put up with 11 hour days. Honestly, there's not a whole lot keeping me going at the moment.

Last edited: 8 Sep 2014
  13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Well, beekeeping has hit a snag.

The neighbour two doors down from us has, after four years, suddenly decided that he "doesn't like the smoke" that my smoker makes when I inspect the hives (for about 30 minutes, once a week). The infernal device in question:

[​IMG]

That's the one.

He didn't come and talk about it; he yelled over the fence. And then he yelled some more. And then he told me his dog had been stung as it ate one of my bees. When I pointed out that it could have been any stinging insect, like a wasp or bumble bee, he shouted: "DON'T PATRONISE ME!". The guy was red-faced hysterical.

Then he argued that the whole neighbourhood was fed up with the bees, they just didn't have the balls to say anything (they we're fine with it when we started, and they're still fine with it now --we checked), and he was going to start a petition. We said sure, go ahead. He then said he was going to set a hose on my hives. We said: OK, then we'll call the police for damage to property.

"Oh, you're going to call the police just because I'm just standing in my garden with a watering hose?!"

"No, we're going to call the police because you are threatening to spray our beehives and that is damage to property."

He then stormed inside.

So, the times of honey are over: assholes are why we can't have nice things. Both next-door neighbours say it's not a problem, but to avoid further conflict with the madman I will have to find a new location for the beehives, in an apiary or allotment somewhere. :sigh:

We're also considering moving to somewhere a bit more rural with a bigger garden.

14. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Under his stairs?

15. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Can't you just use your mind control powers on him?

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I recognise the type; he will keep picking at this until it escalates into something nasty. I suspect that it is not really about the bees, but that they are just a convenient focus for his rage about some life issue or other that has come to a head.

17. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Red Dress envy...

18. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

*Warning. Rant Incoming*

Ready? GO!

F*** them in their F***ing A***holes. Just family, seriously. Because i'm fat (yeah, i've lost some weight but i'm still obviously overweight) my father in law thinks he can make insulting jokes, in my f***ing home!! He comes over, every day because he only lives around the corner. I dread it, because he always makes some joke about i'm overweight and he's perfectly within the healthy category or whatever. I can't even feel comfortable in my own home. The first couple of times he did it was okay, it was like friendly banter. But now it's just serious bullying. Worse still, the mrs. thinks it's perfectly okay. She's overweight and always has been slightly stocky, but he's ripped it out of her since she was a child, that isn't okay. You don't make fun of your own children, not in my books anyway.

My own family isn't much better. We have three children yet, my brother's children and especially his newest unborn child is so much more interesting than our children. My parents don't buy our children presents, or bring us anything, or even come to see us unless they want something. However, my father is loaning them money to buy baby crap, my mother is baking them cakes, buying them toys and baby equipment; we didn't get any of this the THREE times we had children. Why is he so much better? He F***ing isn't. My mrs. is getting on my nerves because none of them ever see me as well. They want me to go and see them, but they all spend loads of time at my brothers. So...... they can all go and just visit him every week without fail, but if I want to see my own flesh and blood, I have to go there? That doesn't F***ing fly with me.

Another bad is my mrs. herself. She just doesn't trust me. I don't know why either, i've never done anything that would make her doubt me. I've never cheated on her or even attempted it. I don't lie to her (unless I tell her i'm going to do the washing up and an hour later i've still not done it XD) but she still thinks i'm going to go and have an affair or something. Yeah, her mate is attractive, but would I ever attempt anything? Very unlikely. She'd have to seriously push me away or even throw me out of the house before i'd ever consider it. And she is pushing me away; we never have sex, she doesn't attempt to even be sexy and if I try anything with her, it's a solid no, without a discussion or negotiation. A no it is.

It's all making me miserable.

*Rant over*

19. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Screw em all nexxo! Go private and help people with first world problems, double your income, get a country manor and create a horde of bees to wail on your enemies and operate your shed full of machining equipment on their down time.

Nexxo likes this.
  20. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I know dat feel man. I've done 20 hour days. Just gotta keep on truckin man.