1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When life isn't working out, play the race card

Discussion in 'Serious' started by overdosedelusion, 12 Sep 2008.

1. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

(Does not work if you're white)

Why is so much complete and utter bullshite is being taken seriously, if the alleged victim is anything but white? Takes the piss.

2. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

It's such a pity this tactic doesn't work for gingers. Think of all the stuff I could get away with.

3. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Just about puts it all in perspective really.

I hate people that play the race card, bloody pathetic :nono:

4. moonlight

moonlight What's a Dremel?

I don't like people playing race card...:nono:

5. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

@ramble - have you ever tried?

6. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

don't try it:( I've played the "ugly b*st*rd" card and it doesn't work

7. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Makes me shuder to think that scum like that (the tw@ts that play the race card) are in our police force, and in high up positions too that they don't deserve!

Not that Blair is much better tbh.

8. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Given that the police (and fire service, and NHS) and countless non-state employers have been found to be racist in the past, let's just wait and see what the courts make of this. If Ghaffur is clever enough to get that far up the promotion ladder in the met, he's not going to go to court unless he has a lot of evidence to support himself, is he?

9. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

Is there the NWPA? If not, all the white police officers should complain and revolt. Wait, what do you mean the race card doesn't work both ways!?
    F*cking pathetic!

10. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

I didn't realise bit-tech had this many clueless, childish people. If there were a need for a NWPA (white, not womens'), it would be created.

11. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

What if this man genuinely suffered racial abuse? Dismissing any allegations of racism as 'playing the race card' is stupid and childish. Let's not turn Bit-Tech into the Daily Mail - give the courts a chance to figure it out before you start slinging mud around.

12. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

EDIT: Lmao, I just posted almost exactly the same thing at the same time. Playing the race card might be necessary for all we know in this situation. I don't know Blair well enough to say whether or not he is capable of such prejudice...

lol, :duh:

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Oh, really?

Seems that not only coloured people are good at playing the race card. Petty prejudice happens even in the highest circles of the justice department. We could try not to jump to conclusions ourselves.

14. DaveVader

That isn't the point I'm getting at. I don't know if there is a need for either the NBPA or the NWPA but if there is a "need" for one then why wouldn't there be a "need" for the other? If there is no point for having one and yet there is one, then why doesn't the other party get one?!
    I see this NBPA as an opposing force with no opposition.
    I'm not clueless or childish, OK maybe the former is true but if I were childish then, like these people, I would be offended (and sue everyone) if someone mocked me in some way or the other but instead I don't get offended if someone calls me "whitey" or "brit b*stard" or ... any other "insult"; doesn't happen often but it wouldn't/doesn't bother me if/when it does happen.
    I don't know if you see what I'm getting at and I doubt many will agree but hey, freedom of speech right!?

15. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

In a country where the vast vast majority of people are white, I am sure they do not need someone to stand up for them on racial grounds. If this were Ghana or India, then I am sure a NWPA would be appropriate (however much I doubt that it would be much use in these countries)..

I do understand what you mean Dave, but as you are surely aware, >90% of racially motivated crime in the UK happens against minorities.
    A black man is 600% more likely to get stopped and searched than a white man, and the young white man is the typical race crime offender...

16. DaveVader

Yeah that's totally right, I still say it works one way and, more often that not, not the other. Like you say, most racial crime is against minorities but there is some against the majority and how often do you hear about that?!

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

The minority gets special representation when they are a disadvantaged minority. When they are an advantaged minority (like, say, millionaires) there's no such support because they don't need it. Similarly, the majority doesn't get one because they are, by dint of being the majority, not disadvantaged.

Not too many white people getting discriminated on the basis of their race in a mostly white society. Similarly, not many men suffer sex discrimination --it's still a man's world.

Prejudice lurks in small corners. Almost everone in this thread assumes that Assistant Commissioner Tarique Ghaffur is just playing the race card, rather than that he might have genuine cause for complaint.

Last edited: 12 Sep 2008
  18. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Thank you.

19. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Any of you actually suffered racial abuse for being white? I mean REAL abuse? Ever been beaten up randomly by a bunch of guys just for no reason when walking through town?

This guy plays the race card because...well maybe because there might actually have been some discrimination going on perhaps? I mean weve all seen the undercover shows on the BBC showing the MET to have a fair amount of racism within it so why is it so difficult to believe it could have happened here?

And if the police officer in question tried to handle it quietly, have you ever considered what would happen? they would victimise him and probably make his life hell so I think he has every reason to make it public and raise awareness so outsiders can take a look into the situation, forcing the MET to show whats been going on, not sweep it under the rug with no one looking.

And Racism does happen, dont think police officers are saints:

I had a police officer delibrately park his car infront my house constantly just to annoy us. Now it could be the fact that he simply didnt like us (and weve never even spoke to him prior) or the fact that we were the only asian family on the street but for about 2 months he would always delibrately park his car infront our house forcing us to park eleswhere. Having asked him to move his car very politely, he flashed his badge and said he will park wherever he wants!

And from then on, he did it delibrately outside ours. We blocked the *******s car in between my brothers car and my moms so the ass hat couldnt get out. He phoned his other police buddys and they came over to have a word, We took their details, the crime number and their vehicles license plate number and told them, we werent going to move our cars and we want to go to the police station to launch an official complaint, and I bet it wont look too kindly that people have launched a racism claim against him, no doubt it wont do him any favours in his career.

With their little ploy rumbled, 2 minutes later the asshat police officer came and apologised - We never had issues with him again.

It happens in soo many forms because I had taken pictures of his car and the entire street empty with him free to park wherever he wants - But he chose to do it outside our house? The only asian household around. Right, so dont tell me it doesnt happen because it does.

20. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Yes, there are still loads of racist people in england. And what doesn't help is retards who don't realise it, and say "we need rights for whites!!!" then join the BNP.