1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning White UV reactive paint

Discussion in 'Modding' started by DampSquid, 29 Aug 2011.

1. DampSquid

DampSquid What's a Dremel?

Looking into doing my first case mod and have had the idea of spraying the internal metalworking of the case in white UV reactive paint. Im hoping this will give it a nice bright glow from the internals when combines with UV led strips.

Just wandering if anyone has heard of this being done before or if anyone has advice on what paint to use.. i have found some acrylic based paint but not sure if it will just end up cracking and flaking when HDDs are put in.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Slatts

Slatts King for a day fool for a lifetime

Don't know if it's exactly what you want to do, but you could try Clear Neon paint.

I'm using it for a mod:
    [​IMG]

It sprays on clear then shows up white (or other colours you can buy) under UV light

[​IMG]

I also applied a layer of clear coat to protect it

3. amppatel

amppatel What's a Dremel?

That looks good, what paint did you use?

4. DampSquid

DampSquid What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the advice Slatts, that looks amazing and i will probs have a go at something similar as well.

the effect im aiming for is to paint all the internal metalwork in UV reactive paint so that all the surfaces will glow bright white under the light from multiple UV LEDs hidden in the corners and behind components.

5. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

read his post