1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WhiteIce | BIG PICTURE UPDATE!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by illvit, 14 Dec 2004.

?

How should the finnish on the plexi be?

Poll closed 9 Jan 2005.
  1. Clear blank

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Matt(icy)

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. White under the plexi(mirror)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

Aahha. I have to try that. Altough it has to wait till I get all the stuff I need.
    Btw, are there any big 'n' cheap furniture shops near Mons?

2. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

hmm.. well Brico is all over belgium i think, but it's more a hardware shop with some furniture. top-decor is near mons, but they sell most hardware and lamps and stuff. you could go to IKEA near bruxelles...

Sorry for hijacking this tread with this info..

3. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

You have to go to the shop and make yoursef known, think about it. You have a shop and in comes someone you don't know asking for a $25 LCD as sponsoring and you might get advertising, OR

This guy who comes in every other day for a chat and sometimes buys some stuff mentions a PC he's making and wants an LCD and that he needs a sponsor. You, as a kind shop-owner give him an LCD, or at least a discount :thumb:

I get a 10% discount at my local electronics store because I'm in there at least every week. :rock:

Last edited: 19 Dec 2004
  4. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

Noo! I don't get the lcd-display to work. I install Lcd-smartie and drivers, and the lcd display start to show something. I adjusted the contrast, and then I found out that it just showed random numbers and letters. Her is a picture! [​IMG]

5. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

I'm not a technical miracle, but I'd say that some of the cables arenn't well soldered or connected. So you should check them once.

6. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

I continued to soldered, and both of the pot thing start to burn. I goes well now, but the backgroundlight don't work(but I don't need it anyway). 1.,2 .and 4. line work, but it only show numbers and prosent. If I set to show text it will be in arabic or twisted in that way. I think I just gonna use it to show dato and clock. I hate myself :wallbash: and my soldering fingers :wallbash:

7. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

It is very likely that you have crossed some signal wires, which can cause it to do stuff like that.

My advice? Take it all off, check for solder bridges, and start fresh. It is really a pain to get it all working (I just finnished wiring up a real custom job for my 20x4, so I know just how hard it can be).

Once it works, though, uber coolness :thumb:

8. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

Thanks for your advice, but i don't find the fail. It shows number fine, but when it comes to letter it twist it to something like the arabian alfabet

Last edited: 20 Dec 2004
  9. TuYii

TuYii What's a Dremel?

I just wanted to say that its swedish to :D

nice soldering for the first time! shame it didnt work proparly...
    I would have burn down the neighborhood (spelling!?!?)

sry for my bad english..

10. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

Thanks. I burned almost down the house because of the "pothings". I wa so scared. Luckily I was home alone. The strange thing was that the Lcd-display didn't broke

11. nohope4me

nohope4me What's a Dremel?

Gotta take my hat off to you there. Keep up the good work!

Oh, and can someone please translate 'pothings' for me? I speak English, French, Italian and a *tiny* bit of German, Latin, Japanese, Russian and Ancient Egyptian, but no Norwegian! :D

12. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

pot-thing=[​IMG]

Thanks for the the good comments. The two-components glue will not drie :miffed: Have waited in two days. What do you say? Bad mixed by me? If yes, how do i remove it. It is still very "wet"

13. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

Offtopic: Quite a lot of languanges. Btw, the tiny bit is it also for the rest of the languanges(incl. german) or can you speak them more fulently?

14. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

Here comes a update 22.12.2004

Here is the front glued together. The papir were also glued fast :dontgetit:
    [​IMG]

Here is the fans that would be used.
    [​IMG]

Some of the plates glued fast. I have thought to use screws or nails. What do you think? What would hold longest?
    [​IMG]

15. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

Looking good. Btw, how much did you pay and where did you buy those fans and meshes?

16. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

I bought it from USA. Check this page: www.voyeurmods.com
    I bought complete watercooling for cpu and gpu, fans and sleeving and it came up to 210$. Haven't bought graphic-card and processor yet.

17. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

This hasn't got anything to do with the actual mod but with modding even more. So as you two are norwegians, could you tell me if pc hardware is cheaper in Norway than it's in eg. Germany, which is really cheap place. And if is, then are there any good pc shops in northern Norway, like Trondheim and stuff, cause my dads going there.

18. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

I don't think that pc hardware is cheaper in Norway than other place, and the reason is the VAT on 24%. Actually it is many in Norway that import from Germany and other land.

Last edited: 24 Dec 2004
  19. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

update 29.12.2004

Here is the front as it is now. I shall fill it with the norwegian answer of bondor
    [​IMG]

Everything have to be packed very close together. I have to sacrifice three hole PCI-places to get place to the BIG Aspire PSU :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

A another picture [​IMG]

Enjoy the reading! I hope it taste good

20. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

still looks very very rough...

hope it will end up looking alright...