1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who are the worst fanboys??

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by shigllgetcha, 8 Oct 2008.

?

who are the worst fanboys??

1. 360 owners

27 vote(s)
    40.3%
  2. PS3 owners

31 vote(s)
    46.3%
  3. Wii owners

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  4. All of them. It's just a game console, FFS!

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Was that a dig at the ps3?

I'm pretty sure (proof in your sig actually) that you own one yourself :p

2. n3mo

n3mo What's a Dremel?

All fanboys are idiots, but Macboys seem to be even dumber than average "omg, i luv it" braindead, annoying crapheads.

3. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Nintendo fan boys.

They hold up Nintendo like a gaming deity despite the fact they constantly rehash the same games over and over again and treat there non-japanese customers like trash. The wii is a novelty only loved by those who dont play games regulary.

4. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

Wii Fanboys.

Nintendo fanboys last couple of gens at least had stuff to gloat about... The wavebird, smash bros melee, lots of good quality nintendo/rare games, 4 player mulitplayer etc but this gen they really don't have much going for them with the lack of real games on the Wii, and those that do exist being drowned under a sea of minigames fests and shovelware. They don't have HD, they don't have a HDD, they have crap online, lack of many decent games, watered down ports (Dead rising: casual edition anyone?)

I have a Wii and love it but it gets the least look out of my three this gen which is a shame as last gen the gamecube got the most attention (still does actually) I just feel like the Wii could have been better with a better Online service, HDD and more power. but ah well

5. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Mac fanbois/fangirls hands down. *Back in the day* when Apple used IBM PowerPC CPU's... well then I could see some justification for their enthusiasm, since that was a whole different architecture than x86/PC. I think Apple was *unique* back then in that respect. But as Apple moved into a more mainstream market, and they transitioned to a standard Intel platform they lost a lot of their originality. It has now diluted itself into a cult of fashion/form-over-function in many cases... now I'm not bashing Mac OS X... everyone has their OS of choice, but I just cringe at the thought of spending a few /hundred/ extra dollars on a laptop (or a few thousand for an Apple desktop) that really only offers a more "sophisticated" styling.

I can see some justification in fanbois saying "Oh it has Mac OSX" ... well sure, but you can install it on any old PC now with BootCamp and the like, so why are you still forking over large sums of money? ... The reply is usually "they're small / thin / light" ... but then again, so are many products from Lenovo (X300), Dell, Samsung and Sony to name a few. I don't get it. Some say its about disposable income... you can "afford" something that looks more unique and lavishing... sure, but I'd rather take the difference and buy a lot of PS3/PC games or software to compliment my normal system.

But what makes it worse... when case modders try to mimic Apple's design ideology (or making a "clone") all hell breaks lose in Apple-ville as if someone has urinated on their sacred scrolls.

6. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Epic sentence.

7. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

MAC/Apple fanboys are the worst, they have started breeding over at the playstation forums ¬_¬

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=70&thread.id=418835

need i say more...

its just the way that they say "OMG OSX IS TEH BESTEST OS EVA" and then when you tell them that they cant play crysis on their macs they say " I USE TEH BOOOTCAMP TO LOAD XP!¬11!!!" i mean FFS you say its the best but you have to resort to dual-booting to do everything oyu want it it do ¬_¬ mac fanboys are the worst.

followed by xbox fanboys
    they just dont get it, they dont think strait.

them: "ps3 sux cox xbox is cheaper"
    me:"but when you add on live, charger, wifiadapter ect.... it works out the same"
    them: "ps3 sux cox xbox is cheaper"

AHHHHHHH!!!!!

then sony fanboys,

they are similar to xbox fanboys but are more sarcastic.

and finally wii fanboys

but they are moving up quickly it gets worse when i say "i dont like the DS i prefer my psp" or "i dont like the wii" they jump down your throght (sp?) and try to kill you with your own words, and it gets even worse when i reply with "i dont like the games on DS" they say how can i not like "brain training" im a gamer FFS!!!!!!!

8. EnglishLion

EnglishLion working for the good of mankind...

Definately those "Optiarc SATA DVD drive" fanboys! They're just so annoying!:yawn:

9. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Mmm... yes. And Mac OS X is built as a Unix-like operating system and actually after 1996 has been carrying the UNIX 03 Certification for compliance based on the IEEE and Open Group. And just to spice things up, the current OS X kernel, known as "Mach" is actually based on BSD (Berkley Style Distribution) with additional packages from FreeBSD and NetBSD. Mac OS X's command line interface accepts UNIX commands and is POSIX compliant (think Unix, BSD, HP-AUX and Solaris).

OpenDarwin is actually free XNU distribution (like Mac OS X) -- but it was closed down by Apple awhile back. In its place came out PureDarwin, based on Darwin 9.

Funny thing eh? All this Linux/Unix hate and all this time they've been running it... :nono:

10. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Lmao :hehe:

Personally, I always get annoyed by those Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound fanboys. They are just so UNREASONABLE :D

11. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

I have to agree with every statement in there :D.

I have no real issues with OSX (other than the fact that it is made by Apple corp....) But their computers are overpriced, and are for the most part, (i.e. not everyone, so don't jump down my throat) for the technologically retarded.

Last edited: 15 Oct 2008
  12. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

Emacs and Lisp users.

13. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I love you!

Or, in layman's terms, "+1".

14. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Followed by vi and vim users. I can't stand these people.

15. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Except it doesn't anymore :duh: