1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Who else has an eBay addiction??

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMadDutchDude, 28 Jun 2018.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Better than crypto at the moment :hehe: :sad:

goldstar0011 likes this.
  2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I’ve closed every tab on my phone to do with it and I am letting my Nano sit in a drawer until later this year. I’m out. XD

3. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Scary isn't it? I've seen someone fracture a collar-bone at 3mph which was hilarious and terrifying to watch. I have no idea how some Yanks go about getting around that fear.

ha, there's the biggest problem with leathers! I've got some nice Alpine cord stuff that does the job nicely. SO MANY VENTS.

4. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

LOL. EU54 in Dainese fits me well. Which is good, because it's generally decent quality gear, and bad in that Dianese is a 'fashion' brand so you pay out the nose of it.
    I once rode down to the end of the road and around the corner with the chinbar still up /rebelwithoutaclue.

5. TheMadDutchDude

And I’ve bought another 12 boards, with an auction ending in 15 mins for 11 more. Uh ooh.

6. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

^^ might have read that as you Bought another 12 beards

7. TheMadDutchDude

LOL. I can barely be bothered to keep a single one in shape. :D

... and I won the other 11 too. Good lord. I *think* I will now have 40-ish boards sitting around the house, in need of repair.

8. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

yes, i use ebay a lot, it's where i get my cpc/spectrum, c64 games and other useful things like a wifi card for the c64

9. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I previously thought you ran a massive computer store due to all the giveaways you use to do, this explains it, smart guy :p

10. TheMadDutchDude

Who? Me? XD

I don’t recall massive giveaways. :D

I used to get a lot of hardware from vendors, but I don’t recall giving a lot away. :D

11. TheMadDutchDude

I just did the math on what I could theoretically achieve...

8 out of the 14 boards purchased were able to be fully restored, and I've tripled my money on those alone. Add in the other six that'll go for spares/repairs, and I'm up to 3.5x or so on my original investment before eBay takes their cut.

1 of the 14 looked like it was brand new, in its original packaging. I put it up on eBay as untested, and it's going to fetch >$50 (that's the current bid) for that too.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is how it is done! :D

12. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I don't mind buying from eBay but I hate selling anything there.That alone would put me off flipping boards on there :D

13. TheMadDutchDude

I haven’t had any issues yet, thankfully. :D

14. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

i remember having Ebay issues with a friends mobo after some jerk tried to install a socket 1156 into a 1366 board and ended up mashing all the pins, then returned the board claiming it didnt work
    one refund later
    that was not a fun afternoon, spent with a jewllers toolset trying to bend all the pins back

Also had issues when i purchased second hand DS game, found out it was a fake, and i couldnt complete the game
    reported it, and within 10 mins he sent me the usual 'i didnt know blah blah blah' here is a refund