1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Windows 7 editions revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 4 Feb 2009.

1. Muffin13

Muffin13 What's a Dremel?

It is totally amazing to see the amount of people who go to these sites and CAN NOT READ, And then bitch about how Windows 7 has a million consumer versions

You are making yourself look stupid by being MISINFORMED

There are only 3 consumer versions

2. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Especially for games :eyebrow:

anyways :p Not sure if I like limiting the ultimate edition release, and I don't really see why people are freaking out about this... it's not that big of a deal :sigh:

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I think when they say limiting ultimate edition, is that under Vista they probably product all edition the same amount ... and Ultimate was not the choice as people preferred Business or Home Premium editions instead (as they don't everything). These kind of comments sounds bad, but they are not. They are logical. I don't think you will see the Ultimate edition sold out.

4. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

This conversation reminds me of a very specific picture:

[​IMG]

I'm probably going for Home Premium. Any word on the pricing yet?

5. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I don't really understand the fuss, though M$ could have handled this a lot better.

The biggest problem with different versions for me has always been explaining features to people that don't care. Bit-techers (expert users that we are) will recognise and use all versions without problem.

The ultimate version being limited... jesus who cares. How many bit-tech people boot from a network drive? :rolleyes:
    Besides, most people that want ultimate just download it anyway.

I'm currently using the beta, and it's ultimate. I honoustly wouldn't notice the difference from a downgrade to Premium.

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I have to agree with everyone wondering about all the bitching. If you get so scared by the amount of options just go Ultimate. Make sure you get it all.
    I will definitely buy 7 (first Windows I'll ever pay for) and I'll most likely go for Home Premium. I'd like to have BitLocker but I don't use it that often, I never use Media Center and I never boot from a mapped network drive.
    Pricing will be pretty similar to Vista I guess. Same marketing scheme -> same price scheme.

7. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Looking at the level of literacy displayed in such posts, I do. So many people are leaving school these days able to set up a computer network but unable to create or understand simple written communication. :sigh:

If I go out to buy hardware, whether a motherboard or a cooker, I expect to find a range of models available with different features and prices to match. To get everything I really need I may be able to get the budget model or I may need to go uprange a few models, and if I'm a real or wannabee power user, hang the expense, I'll just get the flagship model. Why should software be any different? It's not rocket science if you can read, and manufacturers even have tables to compare different models' features - I bet MS are using that little aid. ;)

But I'm happy there's a range in more than just colour and size. :)

8. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I would go with the professional version. As you'll have complete PC backup (system image backup) which is awesome under Vista, especially with an eSATA external HDD), all by keeping advance networking and account feature and 32 and 64-bit DVD codec player, media center, and the rest of Home Premium. Or I'll get the Ultimate edition if I can get it for ultra cheap, like I have now with my Vista Ultimate retail.

Tags: Add Tags