1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics X800 benchmarks

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Murdoc, 26 Apr 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadffffff

sadffffff Minimodder

agreed. but its not as though upping the clock will do nothing at all. im just trying to say that they arent as far apart as they may seem

2. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

When you bring these percentages to light, it just makes these results seem all the more suspicious. The odds are rediculously low that the performance per clock cycle would be exactly the same between two independant graphics companies. Any credibility of these benchmarks should have been flushed down the crapper a long time ago; even more so when this point is brought to light.

Now, no flames by ATI fanboys :nono: ;)

3. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

The '3dmarks per mhz' exactly the same to 4 sig figs, that makes the benchmarks look like a load of crap, don't belive em one bit.

'doc

4. Carbon

Carbon Banned

bahahahahahah.....

This thread has gone a bit moody if you ask me, with flaming n' stuff. NOT the bit-tech way

5. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Apparently these are speculative figures based on the 9800 XT x by a performance ehancement figure. So essentially this is complete crud :)

I know this is a complete crud because I once calculated Willamette's performance based on the rumours it would be 30% faster than the Pentium III Coppermine.

VR-Zone link

Unfortunately it turned out to be 30-80% slower ;)

What we do know about the next generation ATI card is that it will be red.

6. Sea Shadow

Sea Shadow aka "Panda"

But do you ever hear of overheating problems with a GeForce :rolleyes: I have 2 friends with radeons one of whom has a 9600xt. Constant heat problems with that card for him.

I also am skeptical of the results. Heck even if they are capable of this, what good is it going to do you as the end user if it overheats like the rest of their cards?

IMHO I think it would be better to have a huge card that is rock solid stable over a card that is smaller and prone to heat problems and not the greatest of drivers.

Cont:

Lets suppose that this card actually does do well, but they made it like all of their other cards and follow their same line of drivers (old habits die hard). Sure it may be good to wow your friends with in a benchmark or something, but when it really counts in gaming it wont do you a shred of good if it overheats and locks up in the middle of a tourney.

The only way I see around this heat problem would be to mod the card and stick one heck of a heatsink on there and/or a water block, both of which would void your warranty. And since this would be a brand new card w/out a shred of reviews except for some skeptical ones and obvious fakes. That would mean no real heavy duty testing of the cards. So if the card does have a problem you are screwed because you modded it so you could get it to run with out overheating.

Last edited: 27 Apr 2004
  7. unclean

unclean SMP obsessive

lol :hehe:

i really dont know why people are even suggesting these are real... lets not speculate about them being legit. please :blah:

i wanna see a 6800u on cascade :rock:

8. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

ATI drivers are better than Nvidias trust me my 5200 Ultra proved me right
    and my 8500LE does better than that pile of ****. you put AA and FA on and you loose perfromance.. but not with my 9200 i got for 68$ hmm i paid 90$ for the **** 5200.. waste of money, the smaller the better cus most plain users dont have the room for a card thats over 8 inches long and has a heatsink that takes up a ****ing PCI SLOT! and im not surprised the 9600XT has heat problems, sapphire told this to its users before, but its only the 9600XT that has that problem, remember its using the same type heatsink the 9700Pro had cept with a different fan.if they put a decent one on maybe it wouldnt have those problems. ..i did one time oc my PNY 5200 Ultra which had ram sinks on back and front and a fan from the original 325mhz core to 380 and ram from 650 to 680 no increase thats why nvidia makes huge heatsinks to suffice for the fact they suck at ocing.. but my 9200 does.. so i said pfft to Nvidia and besides their cards cost more..

9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

that is your opinion, which you are entitled to, it is by no means a fact
    i much prefer nvidia drivers personally, again, opinion not fact

you seem to be basing you hate of nvidia on your experience with the fx5200, which just happens to be the worst nvidia card ever made, 5900s and 5700s are great cards, along with GF4, GF3 and all of the other older ones for that matter (reminisces to my Riva128, now *that* was awesome :D )

most "plain" users dont go in their pc full stop let alone what a graphics card even is. some nvidia cards are a bit longer than ati cards but not much and ive never had problems with making them fit, all of the nvidia cards with 2-slot cooling solutions are the reference boards, plenty of companies make all of teh nvidia cards with 1 slot solutions
    not that it makes a difference as id never put a card immediately next to a gfx card anyway

what???
    ive had a FX5900 (stock clocks of 400/800) at 575/1080 on air (535/1000 on stock cooling, 1 slot and quiet as well before you ask)(which performed plenty better than a 9800xt btw) wheras my current 9800XT only overclocks a miniscule amount before artifacting
    :eyebrow:
    where the hell are you getting your info from? rage3d? :eek:

all in all mate i dont see what your problem is with nvidia and i would personally recommend you cool it a bit with the extreme fanboyism, as im sure the majority of people here dont really appreciate it and it certainly doesnt help anyone

Last edited: 28 Apr 2004
  10. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

Wow, you are the most amazingly rude person I have ever run into on bit tech, maybe even the internet in general. I can't believe you parade around spouting biased information about cards you have never even tried!! I think you should chill out, stop going around calling people douche bags.. because ATM - the only person who has taken that appearance here is you. Once you have even TRIED the newer nvidia cards, I will then give you the opportunity to give your opinion about them without me cringing at my every thought of hatrid towards the structure of the false information you spread to unbeknownst kiddies looking for straight up TRUE info. Right now, I would suggest not talking off to staff, and senior members.. that's not the smartest thing to do.

11. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

Me rude? sorry you havnt met my family their worse.
    ive met people in person way worse than me, mostly when i was in jail..they called my pyscho steve for 2 weeks before i got bail..
    all i gotta tell yall is just hope u never see me in person..
    sorry if this place is filled with softies..
    And doesnt matter to me, S3 graphics and XGI our coming out with their cards before Xmas so now we'll have 4 companies..now it wont be like ****ty Nvidia and ATI fights, i admit im a moron but i dont give a ****..and no way im spending a good 500$ on anything that has to do with Nvidia, dont mention when i get my 9700pro im bashing my 5200 Ultra to kingdom come..and this is funny coming from a Nvidia fanboy telling this to me.. :rolleyes: im sorry ok?.. happy now?. no more fussing from me..
    now im off to take my meds and sleep

12. Sea Shadow

Sea Shadow aka "Panda"

Funny you should mention XGI, I was hoping that they could pull it off, and they did produce a card capable of competing. Though because of late release into market and I still have yet to see one stateside, add that to the crappy drivers (and I thouht ATI was bad) they sort of failed. They are drawing their last breaths, heck even if they could work out their drivers for their V8 DUO Ultra they could still compete seing as how it already did double what the 9800XT and 5950U did in some games. But those games were far and few. Amazing power when they worked, but had more bugs than you can find stuck between 2 window pains in an old house.

BTW My 5950 Ultra cost me $293 :jawdrop: :clap: and it skools a stock 9800XT and also who needs and AIW when you have full VIVO support? For the coaxial? go spend $30 on a card and you will be better off for still less money! And though it has one massive heatsink that takes up 2 slots it is whisper silent. And the STOCK config for this card is 475/975 not bad for $293 and that was with 2nd day air :hip:

And no it wasnt just the 9600XT that has heat problems. The other person I mentioned who had heat problems has a 9500. The heat problem plauges many of ATI's cards.

13. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

ATI's chips have always been faster clock for clock than Nvidias.

But Nvida usueally push theres harder and usueally achieve higher gpu chip clock speeds.

However Nvida this time around have managed to LOWER the clock speeds of their chips and make them FASTER...as the nu chipset is clock by clock faster now. This WAS ATI's previous advantage, btu the sheer amount of improvment Nvidia have shown to their chips clock by clock power is amazing, and credit where credits due.

Quick run down:
    -Ati annouce pipeline numbers
    -Nvidia annouced far bigger pipeline numbers
    -Nvidia's pipelines r revealed to be running duel...ie nu technology allows each of the pyshical pipelines to act like 2 pipelines.
    -Ati reveal that their previously annoced number was infact false and just a ploy to get nividia to reveal their pipeline numbers.
    -Ati/Nvidia both decalre similar pipelines numbers depending on card type (pro/xt/ultra etc).

-Ati core was expected as always to be clock by clock faster.
    -nvidia surprise us all with amazingly powerful and less clocked chip...evenign the field.

-Nvidia annouce pixel shader 3 technology.
    -Ati shrug it off as unessicary.

-FarCry manufactures/doom3 manufactures annouce the use of shader 3 technology: they r however nvidia 'teammates'

-Valve is expected to use shader 3 in HL2 but not point it out too obviously, as they are in the ATI camp.

-Technology wise, Nvidia appear to have the lead.
    -Ati however are yet to show the raw power of their cneetral chipset....so we shall c.

14. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Somebody should really close this thread before it gets anymore out of control. Sure watching fanboys hit each other with handbags is funny, but it is hardly in the spirit of BiT-Tech.

15. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

good point, closing. It's a non event review anyway.

16. Tim S

Tim S OG

that's just utter rubbish in my opinion, stop using the internet to promote your eWang™... you're a name on the net, not a person... the person sits behind a screen, threats to other forum members are against the rules of these forums surprisingly, grow up.

Sort your attitude out and email me in two weeks with a good enough reason for me to unban you.

you can find my email address on the staff page on the main site.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.