1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Yuraku 24" for £155, should I get one?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ending Credits, 1 Jan 2009.

1. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

:sigh: I ended up with a lg-lm240wu3-tla1 panel

TN apparently

Still, not a bad deal for the price :thumb:

2. O O 7

O O 7 What's a Dremel?

The most important reason why I'm interested in this monitor is because it has 0 input lag!!!

This monitor says "see you in hell" to all those CRTs out there!

3. Sir Digby

I'm having a bit of a problem with mine...every so often it just blanks out for no reason (e.g. while I'm using it so it isn't going into standby) and none of the buttons have any effect on getting the image back.

Not even the power button works.

However, turning it off/on at the wall fixes it for perhaps another 2 hours...

Anyone get this or am I just doubly unlucky? :confused:

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

RMA it. Was it branded Yuraku? Seems strange it has a TN panel as it's normally the Yuraku derivatives that come with a TN panel.

5. Sir Digby

Yes, I'm going to sort out RMAing it tomorrow - at least it gives me a legitimate way of getting back into the panel lottery :hehe:

Yes, it is Yuraku branded - a quick look on google showed that at least one other person has recieved a Yuraku branded screen with the same TN panel, so hopefully isn't a sign of things to come for the screen

6. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

hmmm

well if they advertised 178/178 viewing angles, you are free to return it on that alone.

I really hope this is not going to be their new standard, saving up enough for two more will at least take 2 more months!

7. Sir Digby

Oddly its only when I look at it from the bottom does the screen invert the colours...

But deffinatly a TN panel

8. mooseguy

mooseguy Crazy Moose

That's bad, sorry :(

Wut? My panel has an 8ms gtg time, while Sir Digby has 5ms, because it's TN.

9. Sir Digby

I think he means the time it takes from the image being sent to the screen to the screen telling the pixels to change - rather than the time it takes the pixels to change colours

And I'm not too bothered by getting TN panel, I can return it both on account of it having a problem where it 'blanks out' every so often and because the lower bezel does not fit and is marked by something...

10. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Woop, got one today as an early birthday present. The colours seems good (certainly in the Lagom tests) and I think it is a PVA, the panel is LMO-M240J1-L02.
    unfortunately it is glossy which is tolerable in my room as I don't have any lights shining on my room but not ideal.

It does have a little issue, sometimes it doesn't turn on properly, I get a completely white screen and then it goes all weird and flickery. I have tried to put a Youtube clip up but it didn't work and laziness has taken the better of me.

11. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Is it the same on vga and dvi? Just a thought that it may be a cable.. or even drivers.

12. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Maybe, but I don't have a DVI cable to try. A friend is bringing one up from home for me later in the week as he has a spare.

13. O O 7

O O 7 What's a Dremel?

Yes. Thank you. That is what I meant.

Basically this monitor is on par with CRT when it comes to input lag!

Also, it's response time (though it says 6ms) is equivalent to 2ms when compared to a TN.

Ninja Edit: Ok see here for the tests: (it's the same screen)
    http://www.behardware.com/articles/712-4/lcd-david-vs-goliath-iolair-vs-dell.html

Last edited: 18 Feb 2009
  14. mislam28

mislam28 What's a Dremel?

Excellent monitor, connected up very quick with my pc, came with a dvi-hdmi wire which I used to connect my ps3. It plays 1080p full screen and looks better than my own hd tv, good buy its a shame about the build quality, rather poor but what it does makes up for.

highly recommended monitor!!!

15. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Can you tell us the panel type. Press menu and + at the same time.