1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Zotac GeForce GTX 260 AMP²! (216) Edition

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 22 Oct 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

i dont think the beauty in crysis = the amount of grunt required to play it.

i'd certainly never make a buying decision based on crysis

3. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

speaking of which. why doesn't bit-tech do benchmarks with crysis warhead instead of crysis? is it becsause crysis is more demanding than warhead?

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

The difference in performance between Crysis and Crysis Warhead is about 2-3 percent at maximum. We will probably move to it once we upgrade our test systems to Nehalem and X58, so we can have a unified test platform for both SLI and CrossFire (and that's not too far away).

Warhead also uses lower quality textures from what I've seen, but essentially they both perform about the same.

5. OleJ

OleJ Me!

This has to take the prize for most nerdy name ever... "Zotac GeForce GTX 260 AMP²! (216) Edition"
    Why the "AMP²"?
    And why top it off with an exclamation mark? !
    Wow... and then comes the 216 in a parenthesis if AMP²! wasn't enough for you.

I guess this is what happens when a guy in a tech marketing department wants to really set the "new" product apart...
    Marketing boss: "Hey Phil make sure to make it sound really high tech!"
    Phil thinking: "Hmm they already used up leetspeak... what do I do now... I know! Exclamation marks, parenthesis and something to the power of x. Just like math class back in high school!"

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

this card is amazing, well, the overclocked 216sp ones are. it can batch gtx280 with just a small clock increase from gtx280's stock clock speed, yet it's only a little over 200 pounds. definately better buy for Folders or those who don't game 24/7 than 4870.

7. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

huh? i thought the game ran better than crysis and looked better. i haven't played the game yet but this is what most reviews have stated.

8. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I think you need to do a column or maybe a round table, on how Crysis has affected the games industry. Crysis has unquestionably had an impact on gaming and the definition of the state of the art disproportionate to the game itself.

Tags: Add Tags