1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice £2000 build with everything

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slambittech, 3 Apr 2021.

1. slambittech

slambittech Minimodder

Hi,
    Would like to put some feeders out there as I need to build or pre built a setup with everything for under £2000. For school, gaming, streaming. Everything really, could include video editing.

Budget: £2000
    Main uses of intended build: Gaming and School work.
    Parts required: PC tower, monitor, mouse, keyboard.
    Previous build information (list details of parts): None
    Monitor resolution: FULL HD and 2K/4K
    Storage requirements: thinking primary ssd and then secondary hard drive.
    Will you be overclocking: no
    Any motherboard requirements (no. of USB, Xfire/SLI, fan headers): WIFI on motherboard or seperate card?
    Extra information about desired system: needs windows 10 pro

2. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Going for a pre-built is likely your best option at the moment as it's basically the only way to get a new GPU.

3. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

Agree a pre-built his probably the easiest way to go at the moment given the GPU situation. Alternatively, if you want to build it, try to get the GPU first and then buy the rest of the bits so you're not just sat waiting with a GPU missing. There is a fair bit of commentary about the GPU situation not getting better until into next year.

Hopefully more helpfully, I think general consensus is on a 6C/12T or better CPU, 16GB of RAM (as fast as possible if you go Ryzen), storage will be however much you think you need, but with 1TB SSDs under £100 I'd probably go all SSD if it fits in budget.

Might be useful to know what sort of games you're looking to play as that will really influence GPU and monitor choice. but these two bits will probably account for the biggest chunk of your spend fight now.

Case, keyboard and mouse are all very personal choices, so I'd just go with whatever you like. Though if you buy pre-built you may just be stuck with whatever case they offer.

4. slambittech

slambittech Minimodder

Thanks for the info, will try and look for prebuilts.
    I have been thinking of Ryzen 5 5600X, gtx 3070 with 16gb ram.
    Haven't been given any other info apart from gaming and school work is needed for. I believe they must play overwatch and fortnite.

5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Lots of good laptops in that ball park too, that's a fair chunk of change.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  6. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

I would say 5600x is a great choice, though a 3600 would also be a good option given its nearly half the price and if on a B550 mobo would still give an upgrade path to 5000 series later if needed.

Fortnite and overwatch will both run well on lower end gear than that. A 3060 or 3060 ti might be easier to find available, or even a 1660 should run them well. That might give you more leeway than trying to get a 3070 right now and save some cash for a good monitor/ peripherals.

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

This may actually be the fastest way to get a system with a decent GPU...