1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 980 Ti Arctic Storm?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by roosauce, 9 Jun 2015.

1. roosauce

roosauce Looking for xmas projects??

Hi All,

I'm looking at the 980 Ti's at the moment. I had the EVGA 6GB EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ lined up, but decided to cancel it in favour of the Zotac Arctic Storm .... BUT

Does anyone know anything about these hybrid coolers? I like the idea of starting with air and then adding water in the next 3-4 months - and running both simultaneously. Are these hybrid coolers worse at air than dedicated air coolers and worse with water than dedicated water blocks, or are they a fair estimation of both?

I don't seem to be able to find much information or any reviews at this point, only the Computex announcements.

Thanks for any input ...

2. roosauce

I found some info on the Asus 980 Poseidon - similar kind of setup. It looks like these hybrids are pretty decent on both air and water fronts, but would love to hear of anyone that has real life experience with one.

3. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

These will never be as good as a dedicated water cooling unit but as far as air goes there wont be much in it vs the better air cooled cards out there.

4. roosauce

OK - thank you. Decisions decisions ...