1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A tablet for my PC

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Grinch123456, 5 Jun 2007.

1. Grinch123456

Grinch123456 What's a Dremel?

I decided on getting a tablet. I'm not sure what type to get. Since I just started looking, my only two options are Graphire4 6x8 and the Intuos3 4x6, both for under 200. I'm just not sure whether or not the extra features of the 4x6 will benefit me as much as the 6x8 lower end version. I will primarily be drawing comics in photoshop. If anyone has any suggestions for a tablet under 200 that would be good for my use, please let me know!

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: It seems as though I've found about a company called Aiptek. They seem to make affordable tablets. Just unsure of what their reputation is. Can anyone give me any info regarding them?

Last edited: 5 Jun 2007
  2. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Honestly, since both of the tablets you've listed are from Wacom, you can hardly go wrong either way. I love my 4x5 Graphire tablet, but I wouldn't mind having a little extra room to play with.

The Intuos is meant to be the better of the two, but since you're drawing web comics and not doing serious photo editing, you might do well with the Graphire. The 4x5 tablet might work just fine for your needs, and will save you some money in the end.

Just my 2 cents.

-monkey

3. Grinch123456

Grinch123456 What's a Dremel?

Thanks! My friend has an Intuos3 himself. He said I could borrow it and if I like it, I'll get the Graphire because it's 170 on newegg. Thank you for the advice.

4. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Bigger is better, wireless is better still and wacom is always better.

Just make sure its the same(ish) aspect ratio as your screen.. tis a bit weird feeling if not :p

5. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Wacom all the way, as said already bigger is better etc. I need to actually start using mine :worried: