1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming A Week with Pokémon Go

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 26 Jul 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

In a couple of weeks: "Pokemon what?"

3. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

I think this is probably the case. It's the biggest mobile game in the world right now, but there's no longevity.

4. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

I guess you haven't heard of battery saver mode ;) - it turns the screen off but leaves the app running when you rotate your phone so it`ll still buzz when a pokemon is enarby.

as an app its amazing , it gets young people out and about and has been shown to help those with disabilities.

surely that cannot be a negative thing?

[​IMG]

5. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

That's pretty much what I said - it's a bad game but I think it's a net positive.

6. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Any adult playing this game needs to have a serious word with themselves in the mirror

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Maybe it's a evolutionary jump - culling those that do little more than dilute the gene pool.

8. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

:clap::clap:

9. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I laugh at people saying older people playing this should stop or whatever.

I've no desire to play it (I'm 24), but quite a few of my friends do and it's either encouraged them to walk that little bit more or get outside during their lunchbreak or whatever, and it doesn't mean people who don't play it suddenly have worse lives, to me it's similar to people against gay marriage, stop moaning it doesn't affect you.

Obviously people walking into roads looking at their phone is a traffic hazard, but they're probably the kind of people who would do that anyway :p

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

People who are vocally opposed to Pokemon Go are the same as the bigots who opposed gay marriage?

Are you ****ing kidding?

11. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I think you might need to have a re-read there Spreadie - he's saying that it's similar not the same.

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I usually disagree with you on things - but on this I agree. Probably going to get flamed now. Still, if it's what they want to do...

A little upset that it takes this to get people to exercise.

13. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Haha as (other) George said, I'm not saying that.

Merely pointing out the similarity of the absurdity (in my opinion) of people getting mad at other people doing things that don't affect them.

14. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I still eagerly await the review of the game played in Detroit. Popularity, (Or just GPS hacking,) Is already waning here. It was inevitable with triple-digit heat indexes.
    Like Spreadie, I thought this would be a good way to cull the dumb. However, I think a more active approach is needed. Stops should be programmed just over the edge of cliffs, inside dangerous animal enclosures, in bodies of water, and inside active volcanoes whenever possible.
    I would like the programmers to remove stops from major intersections, though. It puts others at risk.

15. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I was talking with a friend about the huge queues leading to Dover the other day and we thought it would be nice if they stuck a few extra spawns, gyms and poke stops along the route to give the stranded folk something to do. :)

"Pokemon Extreme". :D

Last edited: 26 Jul 2016
  16. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

It's getting me up and moving for my physical therapy. That is unequivocally good.

17. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

You have compared Pokémon to prejudice against gay marriage.
    You sound like someone who is the exact target demographic for this 'game'
    And if you need some yellow pixels to get you off your ass and move, you need to go back to the mirror and have more words with yourself.

18. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Just get up anyway.
    Get a dog and start walking, that's what I did.
    And he/she will love you back; these ******* yellow pixels won't.
    It is seriously pathetic that people are using the exercise card as justification for 'playing' this piece of crap.

19. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I actually think he's making the point that people can be incredibly judgemental over something that has no tangible effect on them and somehow think they're superior in doing so.

Do I "play" Pokemon Go? Yes
    How old am I? 26
    Am I embarrassed or ashamed for doing so? Hell no.

I put the app running as I walk to and from the train station to catch the bus for work and if something pops up along the way that I want to catch, then it makes it all the more entertaining. I've even started going a different route that takes me past 4 more Pokestops for an extra 5min of travel time.

At the end of the day, I catch my pokemon, have my fun and none of it affects you (unless you own the gym I took)... so why be such a downer about it?

Besides, farming Pokemon Go whilst I'm to and from work is so much more time efficient and productive than grinding out mobs/dungeons/raids from when I used to play MMOs every night. And there's virtually no mental difference between farming Pidgeys, Weedles and Ratattas, and wiping multiple times during progression runs except for how far I've physically moved.

GeorgeStorm likes this.
  20. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

:lol: Two posts level angry, but no hate for "Pokemon, Final Solution."

Tags: Add Tags