1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe ceases development on mobile browser Flash, refocuses efforts on HTML5

Discussion in 'Serious' started by GreatOldOne, 9 Nov 2011.

1. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

PC Pro's take on Adobe's announcement...

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2011/11/10/steve-jobs’-last-laugh-good-riddance-to-flash/

They've consistently taken this line on why Job's wanted to kill FLASH ...IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE BOTTOM LINE...

"...as I’ve argued before, Steve Jobs’ real motivation was entirely business driven. What is truly revolutionary about the new iOS platform is its business model, in which rich content and applications are delivered exclusively through native apps and through the App Store with its 30% commission. Seen in this light, the threat that Flash poses is clear: enabling the same rich content/apps to be delivered efficiently and securely, direct from producer to consumer, across all platforms, within the browser, and without commission."

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

GB:
    The point I was making is that HTML5 can work in "disconnected" mode if you will. Look at the Gametrailers mobile site that does an appl-like thing in HTML5... no browser nothing.
    I am not arguing that it's right or wrong... I am arguing that it's easier than ever to do stuff like that, and any investment from Adobe into a browser-plugin flash would be bound to be for nought.

3. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Good. Flash is ****. Viva la HTML5!

Just gotta wait now for regular websites to stop using it... *sits in long wait*