1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 4 Aug 2017.

1. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I imagine the differences will come with the CPU's it is being tested against. I read a review that scorned it for not keeping up with a 4.9Ghz 7600K... A CPU that costs over double the amount. /Facepalm

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

No one tests cheap CPUs. It's very, very rare for Intel to give out review samples so no one reviews them. Why would they? I mean just take the recent episode with the Kaby Pentium being absolutely awesome. Word got out, but I never saw a single review. Well, no in the old sense where it's written etc. It was just some bloke on Youtube realising then word spreads.

Of course if you put them up against things like the 12 core Intel etc? yeah it's very easy to make them look bad. Reviewers seem to forget one thing - we actually have to hand over actual real cash for ours ! Easy to say something is **** if you have 22 core CPUs just lying around.

It's when reviewers can be humble that you will see glowing reviews of a CPU like this. Would I use one? no. However, if I was ever in a bad place hell yeah, I would rock something like this. Thankfully I am not in a bad place, but I have been before and I know how much I need a PC in my life. So it's awesome to know that I can still play all of my games if the worst ever happened.

Fact is this CPU is amazing. £100 or less for a CPU that can run pretty much any game on the market. Sometimes we need to be a bit more humble and a bit more realistic. Yeah, we're all fanatics pretty much who want the best of the best and will pay for it, but not every one is that fortunate or that interested tbh. What I do know is that when AMD came out with the Tbirds and XPs loads of my mates bought gaming PCs and gamed on the PC because you could set up a decent powerful rig for less than £400.

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

All hail the new Opty 144?

4. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Im impressed for the price point. Really looking forward to the AM4 APU options. At somepoint this year I need to change my wifes rig so am waiting with baited breath.

Tags: Add Tags