1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD unveils Turbo Dock for convertibles

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 21 Feb 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

AMD: the hapless recruit, covered in mud, finally made it over the assault course wall only to find the others have finished the whole course

3. azazel1024

azazel1024 What's a Dremel?

My only concern here is that AMD appears to be targetting roughly the time frame that Silvermont Atom chips look like they'll be debuting. Those chips are promising quad core and double the performance (I don't know if that is double the IPC, or simply double the overall multithreaded performance, either way, that is a big step forward). Combine that with Ivy Bridge graphics, even if it is, I think 4 EUs and probably clock speed capped lower than the 900+Mhz of all the other various Ivy graphics iterations...but still MUCH faster than the current Atom graphics...

Well, that is a problem for AMD. They might not have "Intel beating graphics" once the next generation of Atom introduces...and they also aren't likely to have CPU beating performance.

Even with the dockable speed increases.

Also very unlikely to have "battery life beating performance" since Intel will be on 22nm FINFET for Atom then as well.

Sigh...only if AMD could actually speed their introduction they might have something really worth while well before Intel does.

4. PCBuilderSven

PCBuilderSven Minimodder

Never knew there was a company called Intle making processors, I'm surprised Intel haven't sued them for trademark infringement :D

Also, it should be included and not including

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You never had an Intle Pentenium? You missed out. Slightly shoddy performance compared to MAD's Atlohn, but lovely otherwise...

6. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Inspector Gadget was always trying to foil MAD's Atlohn based plots. Usually Penny and Brain ended up doing all the real work though. :D

7. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I read the headline and was hoping for discrete graphics in the keyboard. Surely the tech is there, why has it not been done?