1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Anime Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by WILD9, 5 Jul 2004.

1. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

It's helpful if you know the manga before watching it, you can just about get the jist of it by just watching the film but theres still alot on unexplained stuff.

I think things like this would've been better as a series or OVA series, but then I doubt it would've made such an impact in the west.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You've GOT to read the Akira manga, the film does the story absoultely no justice.

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Agreed, you can get all 6 volumes off amazon for about £100, sounds alot (and it is), but seeing as you get a few thousand (almost A4) pages filled with great artwork and a great story I think it's worth every penny.

I finished volume 1 in a day, accidentally skipping all my lectures, I just couldn't put it down. Havn't dared to read on yet incase I make the same mistake again :p

4. ZenX

ZenX How are you gentlemen?

I like Chobits as manga and anime, and Hellsing as manga :p Chi ***

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Just finished watching the first series of SAC, man it gets really, really good towards the end, not that the start of the series is bad, it's also really good.

What I like about the series is explanations and stuff actually made sense on the whole, I find in too many animes, to make it seem clever they try to confuse people with bizzare logic and backstory the pull out of thier rear ends immediately when they need it.

:waah: <-
    me when the Tachikomas died

6. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

Back to the good/bad dubbing subject, Princess Mononoke has a superb dub, Minnie driver voices one of the characters.

7. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

Bad dubs are the worst. I had to watch 3 episodes of Great teacher onizuka with SOOOOOOO dodgy american dubbing....i cried

BTW ...worst dub ever...an old manga dub of macross i had on video.... EEEEEKKK

iv just finnished Ouran Highschool Host Club...Wasnt sure why i Dled this..not my kind of series at all...but OMG it SOOOOOO FUNNY....I would advise it to everyone...episode 22 with the yakuza boss's kid and him being taught to talk like a yakuza...i havent laffed for so long.

MAH!

8. ZenX

ZenX How are you gentlemen?

Got to add Star Ocean EX to my list. A must for anyone who's played the game.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:D I was wondering what it was about, but thought it was a silly high school club anime which didnt seem that interesting and highly generic.

If you enjoyed Ouran try and find an old series called Sexy Commando. Funniest anime I've ever seen but redicuously hard to get hold of now.

For GITS fans:
    http://www.play.com//ProductOutline.aspx?title=1106759&r=R2

Anyone keeping up with Black Lagoon?? Holy SHEETS this second season is good.

10. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Ive been raving on about Ouran a good few months before any of you guys...and yes now u chaps see the light! Apparently theres the second season in production as we speak.

And yes...Black Lagoon does indeed kick ass.

Also im gonna start watcing a series called "hajime no ippo"....its all about Boxing and looks sweet!

Also recently ive started watching D-Grayman,Deathnote and Bartender, all quite good shows with plenty of fansubs avail.

But i dont think thats the best news ive had all bloody year!

ITS BACK!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

YES! its finally official and the manga is WAYYYYYYYYY ahead. I must say since the fillers started i immediatly lost interest and so i went onto the manga...and i'd have to say i never lost the Naruto touch, and the same goes for Bleach, which ill happily wait for as im reading the manga aswell.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yup, February. It starts off with Kakaiashi Gaiden, apparently.

I have to say, the Bleach movie looks teh shitz

Last edited by a moderator: 7 Dec 2006
  12. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

The question is who is going to sub it? DB dropped Naruto, which kinda leaves AonE. Now they are the best Naruto sub by far, but will they bother with the new one? Still hopefully they will as it looks somewhat more kick ass than the original Naruto and a billion times better than the fillers!

13. Shippo

Shippo What's a Dremel?

Who said Dattebayo has dropped Naruto?? Im downloading this weesk ep i write this.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ah-hahaha YHBT.

15. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Well I wasn't the only one, AniDB listed DB as having dropped Naruto ;)

Now here is a thought, on the whole animation in anime is pretty awful. I can think of a number of exceptions to this, but on the whole this is holds true. The question then is can we write an ANN to process existing anime episodes and generate higher quality frames? It'd be an interesting challenge :)

16. atanum141

Hhahaha
    Actually when this fake news was out one of the higher mods of Animereactor forums actually thought that this was true and without any questioning he labled it Dropped. And now the penny has dropped and obviously they will correct the mistake ASAP.

Oh yeah

ive just got the GITS SAC Solid State Society OST! OHHHHHH **** YEAH!

ITS BLOOMING ****ING THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD, its prob the best OST out of the SAC series its THAT good.

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ouran is, uh, not that funny. School Rumble was far funnier and ive yet to find any anime funnier than sexy commando. It's a bit samey. 3 episodes in and they've had about two decent jokes, one of which was ripping into themselves as an anime and labelling the other characters as homos. The homo brothers themselves: that joke has been done every-single-episode so far. It's quite run of the mill as far as animes go.

18. atanum141

Excel saga......nuff said.

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Funny for about 5 episodes, never watched more than 10. Episode 4 was truely great that's for sure.

20. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

i started watching that in english, and when they changed the voice actor for excel. i stoped watching and got the manga :D

Tags: