1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Antec Lanboy modding ideas?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by -SilentNight-, 6 May 2004.

1. -SilentNight-

-SilentNight- Hardcore pro gamer

so anyone seen lanboy mods? if some has seen em plz can you give link to me into this thread i might buy it but i don't know how to mod it...

Last edited: 8 May 2004
  2. -SilentNight-

Does Somebody Know That Would Help Me Much

3. Sheldog23

Sheldog23 What's a Dremel?

Here you go, It ain't a great mod but the case is great. The newer ones I think are ugly.
    Just click the link below.

4. fallenSaint

fallenSaint What's a Dremel?

I think its a pretty good lookin case, Ive definately seen much much worse.

5. -SilentNight-

Sheldog23 i have looked your lanboy many many times :) and i like it

6. Sheldog23

Sheldog23 What's a Dremel?

Why thank you. You know the Sonata and other Antec cases are just as good. They all look the same too, Exept you would have to do your own window mod. But you will get removable Cd-rom and HD options. Plus you get a 120mm fan at the back. I just built a graphics computer with that case and it made me wish I had bought it.

I mean loook at it.
    [​IMG]

SLK3700-BQE.....mmmmmm

7. -SilentNight-

I have Sonata now and i think its very noisy just too noisy my Old Xaser III V1000A with 5 fans (8cm) wich was in 5v VS Sonata wich has one 12cm at 5v... my xaser was quieter so im very dissapointet to this case :grr: or can you give me an modding idea to sonata?

8. Ashen

Ashen What's a Dremel?

(First post, be gentle)

I already have a Sonata, loaded up with green fans, nice little window in the side with a counter-strike etch (what was I thinking :duh: ), and I must say, its an amazing case, especially I find with Airflow and keeping my case temp down.

Having said that, I refuse to carry it to another lan. My shoulder still hurts.

Just got hold of a lanboy and started fiddling. The window cuts well enough, so It's got a pair of 80mm's in it with some nice decorative fan grills, those lovely little sunbeam laser cut 80mm's with the dragons. Another one on top of the case. Eerie blue glow (all akasa 4 blue LED fans).

My only real gripe is what I liked about the Sonata. Airflow. its nasty. And as for the green fan holder, a quick basecoat of black citadel paint and some "chainmail" (I still have a lot of it left over, dont ask) and it fit right in - Although it did of course loose effect since the whole uv thing doesnt work through 2 layers of paint, but worth it.

Case temp is a nasty 36, especially with 5 case fans it should be lower. But its fine for sound and its incredibly light. Only other gripe is the semi-handle covers my CPU, so that sorta ruins any reason in having a blue cpu fan. But hey.

Will have to buy a Digicam this summer. Never was one for photos.

For modding the sonata, a window is a dead cert of course. Was going to do something to the door at the front (saw a lanboy ages ago on these forums with a nuclear symbol, very cool), but decided to keep its lines sleek.

Just dont wrap it with those god awful case wraps.

Last edited: 12 May 2004
  9. -SilentNight-

Yep i agree with that, ment by Sonata has wery good air flow. I tested with side open and 22" table blower i putted to blow into processor and do you know what happened? Just case closed with antac 12cm fan winned it lovered temp like 10c :eeek: . So Sonata is ****ing good air flow... :eeek:

10. Ashen

Ashen What's a Dremel?

left my lanboy overnight there.

Akasa whatever-824cu heatsink, 2 80's on case, all running at 2500pm. They shift about 30cfm each (Just over i believe). Front on intake, rear on exhaust.

CPU at idle (just after a game of UT2004 though) is on 47 which is more than acceptable as I havent put in that window or top blowhole I keep promising myself, but the case is sitting on 45, which is damned hot.

With a pair of 80mm antec fans that pushed 31.6cfm to be exact on my verre case, now other blowholes anywhere and running on some 15 quid globalwin hsf, My case temp was sitting on 29-31.

14 degrees with similar rated fans. nasty airflow indeed.

But to be honest, the sonata isnt much better.

my next target is going to be the Antec P160 (what can I say, I love their cases). My mate has one and his case temp is a nice steady 26. Lovely airflow there.

11. Ashen

Ashen What's a Dremel?

Heres a quick comparison :)

[​IMG]

Was the temp on my Verre case at idle

[​IMG]

Is the current running temp on my lanboy case.

Mod idea- extreme cooling. You don't really have a choice :p