1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Apple Core Duo by Cyprio

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 28 Oct 2008.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

this is one of the best mod i've seen! perfectly done and very detailed.

well done!

2. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Let's put some more ideas in your head:
    I posted a user review of this very cheap and moddable 24" a while ago. It has a M-PVA panel at a pricepoint that most TN+Film panels don't even touch :thumb:
    [thread=151179]clicky[/thread]

I have plans for modding mine, but you are more then welcome to beat me to it :naughty:

3. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Absolutely beautiful work Cyprio. Clean and very tasteful, congrats.

4. sl1xx

sl1xx What's a Dremel?

That looks lovely good job there,id love to be able 2 buy that case.

5. .:ALOA:.

.:ALOA:. What's a Dremel?

you"re god!! you own:d
    respect:d

6. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

That's a very thorough review Xtrafresh, good of you to take the time to write it up. To be completely and utterly honest though, i need a break from modding right now. :) It became an all consuming hobby for me that left me with little spare time at weekends that i miss, esp. as i really want to get more into amateur photography (hence the rather elaborate setup for the final pics). So, let me get back to you in around 6 months time. I might have the modder's itch again then. :D

Cyp.

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither were any of the great mods that grace the front page of bit-tech. We tried "more modding" a while ago, essentially lowering the standard of mods on the front page - judging from the number of clicks they generated, it wasn't the right direction. If it's good content, people click on it and read it.

8. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

/me jots down calender entry for 29-04-09: start annoying Cyprio with more modding ideas :naughty:

The way i see it, modders are devided between professional modders with access to all kinds of workshops and whatnot, and "bedroom modders" without. It's very encouraging to see another bedroom modder succeed so thouroughly! Have fun with all the free time and with the great system ofcourse! :clap:

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

There is a divide, you're right and when you see a bedroom modder make something as good as what Cyprio has created here, you sit up and take notice. This is very much up there in the big league :)

10. Darkefire

Darkefire What's a Dremel?

I've followed this one for a long time now, and I still can't believe how well that turned out. Apple should cry themselves to sleep at night knowing that a single person with a Dremel and a creative spark outdid their entire design team. For someone with no prior modding experience, you sure can play with the big boys. Well done!

11. customh

customh conflagration.

I have been watching this since inception, subscribed when I first saw it, and hoped someone would finally do a G5 right.

You, sir, have done it RIGHT.

As for this:
    You DESERVE a Dell 2408wfp. (Someone should buy him one. Not me. I'm broke :D)

12. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

I'd be proud of this rig. Congrats, Cyprio!

13. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

Looks absolutely amazing, one of the cleanest mods that I have ever seen.Those last shots at the end in particular :drool:

14. el rolio

el rolio What's a Dremel?

ha! its very well a possibility that apple could make the next mac pro like this. I mean, the entire rest of the lines are two toned. make sure to getcha ROYALTIES!

awesome design, right up my alley, clean, detailed, smart, and cool. not about going all out but getting hte best balance possible!

15. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

he can't, since the original case design was probably apple patented, they'll just take the idea and run with it.

16. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

Thanks for the kind words el rolio. It's interesting as others have mentioned this to me before. I think Bluephoenix is right though, as it was a Mac case to begin with with a patented design i dont think i can claim any kind of royalty. :) Not that i would really want to as i made this for me, not for mass production. :D

Cyp.

17. KypD

KypD What's a Dremel?

i haven't modded a PC in a few years, and this is why....such incredibly high standards of work these days!

18. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

That's what inspired me though KypD. Always wanting to do better. :)

Cyp.

19. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

You really did better. I go now to my tiny H2O-C7 project. This is the best G5 on the intertube.

[​IMG]

Mr. Bean comes in 2nd but his new rig is to die for.

John

20. newegged

newegged What's a Dremel?

Wow, thats really clean looking. If I had the tools, I would probably try and mod one myself.

Tags: Add Tags