1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AppStore passes 3 billion downloads

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Jan 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i think Apple was gunning for this, trying to get it before CES and Google Nexus one.

they released a 12 days app, giving out free stuff every day. i am 100% sure without that offer, they'd never hit the 3 billion mark before CES and Nexus one announcement.

Last edited: 6 Jan 2010
  3. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Tell us how many downloads they had before offering that app.

Or tell us how many downloads the 12 days app accounted for.

4. gagaga

gagaga Minimodder

... and how many of these are repeat downloads from the 400 point releases each time they need to plug a hole in the OS? The numbers are pointless for free downloads .. how many paid?

5. Farting Bob

Farting Bob What's a Dremel?

Unless they planned to shut down the app store immediately, im fairly comfortable they would have reached 3 billion at some point in the future...

6. LJF

LJF Modded

Wouldn't the competitor he's referring to be Google Android's App Market rather than Sony? (I only question it as there's nothing in your quote that relates directly to games.)

... and if that is the case, then I see them catching up sooner than Jobs cares to admit.

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Well, Android's App Market may not be as shiny and nice as Apple's App Store and the latter has a major advantage when it comes down to sheer number of offerings but there is one thing that makes Android superior to the iPhone's/iTouch's OSX Lite: No need to jailbreak your phone to install non-Market apps.

Thanks, Google. Steve-O... calm down, you haven't reached God status. And the iPhone ain't our messiah. :eyebrow:

Still, congratulations on the amazing success story the App Store is. I just hate Apple for always exaggerating things.

8. H2O

H2O Burnt Acrylic - Mmmmmm

The repeat downloads don't count towards the total.

9. Ta10n

Ta10n What's a Dremel?

WHAT 9000!?!?!

Tags: Add Tags