1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux apt source

Discussion in 'Software' started by Woodstock, 26 Nov 2007.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

ive been trying to install debian, from the netinstaller. all goes fine dhcp works, partitions fine, installs fine then it asks if i want to configure the package manger, which of cause i do, so i select New Zealand FTP, and get this error on a red screen [!!] Configure the package manager Bad archive mirror, the specified Debian archive mirror is either not availble, or does not have a vaild release file on it. please try a different mirror. then gives options continure or go back, if i click continue i can choice another mirror the same way but regardless of which i choice i get the same mirror if i click Go Back it allows me to manually enter the address but yet again the same mirror any suggestions on what to do

2. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Try pressing ALT+Right (or ALT+F2) and enter (via vi or nano) in /etc/apt/sources.list

Code:
    deb ftp://ftp.belnet.be/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
    deb-src ftp://ftp.belnet.be/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
    deb ftp://ftp.belnet.be/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
    deb-src ftp://ftp.belnet.be/debian/ stable main non-free contrib

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
    and just skip the "setting up apt" step

3. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

well this machine is pissing me off no end, i tried what you said but i had to make the apt directory myself and i am pretty sure there is other files in there, so i thought what the hell ill give it a go anyway to recieve on the attempted reboot grub loading ,please wait Error 15, anyway im off to have a bit of a chill before i kill this machine

Tags: