1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Baby Grand Piano Mod for D.J.s with style

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 23 Apr 2007.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

That's pretty sweet. Would be interesting to see someone mixing on it.

3. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

In regards to the Real Wood Ipod. I had seen on Cnet that a laptop made completly out of wood is to hit the shelves late 2007.

As for the piano. Cool mod.

4. _DTM2000_

_DTM2000_ Minimodder

Four subs in three sizes and 3 tweeters, thats gonna sound pants then. The bass is going to have loads of phasing problems, the bullet tweeters will no doubt sound really harsh and to cap it off there's no mid-range. I know this isn't exactly meant to be "hi-fi" but there's an obvious lack of knowledge in the design. It does look pretty sweet though, and it's a good idea. Shame about the speaker choices.

5. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

While this looks cool, a piano, especially an iPod white one. is not exactly an instrument I associate with rap.

Or I should say: It looked cool until I got the image of Elton John trying to use it to make a rap tune stuck in my head :wallbash: :waah:

6. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

Looks awesome, but it would be much better with turntables and Final scratch then with Cd players. Real DJ`s use vinyl!!!

7. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Not trure.

Subs may have individual enclosures.

And those tweeters can easily handle the midranges.

8. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

Would be cooler if it still had keys and could be played that way too. Would be even cooler if the keys could be made to play tracks from songs (like some of the auto-play piano thingers, except electronically actuated)

9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

What I think is most impressive is the Concert Grand Master. :D
    [​IMG]

10. _DTM2000_

_DTM2000_ Minimodder

I realise that subs can have individual enclosures but that makes no difference to the fact that the different sizes of subs are going to be playing the same frequencies. As different sizes/models of subs/speakers have different frequency responses, they are all going to reproduce tones slightly differently. Added to this the fact that the way speakers are positioned in relation to each other has a big effect on the way they sound when played together.

The most difficult thing to do when designing speaker installations is getting the speakers the right distance apart and at the right angles to get maximum frequency response and minimum phase cancellation etc. If you get it wrong it sounds muddled and unrealistic.

As for tweeters playing mid-range. They may play it if you use a low crossover point but it's never going to sound as good as using proper mid-range driver.

I probably didn't explain that very well but I'm in a rush. :)

Tags: Add Tags