1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Battlefield 1 [5]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 5 May 2016.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

uninstalled after 2 games. never got a ticket for the hype train for this and wont be getting one now.
    Is this the start of the end for DICE? there last 3 titles have been very sub par.

2. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Had a blast as the elite class machine gunner last night (his kit spawns at F). He can't aim down the barrel and is vulnerable to gas (can't use a respirator due to his head armour) but he's hard as nails and his liquid cooled machine gun is an absolute widow maker.

Great fun.

Also managed to reach level 32 and medic level 2. Way behind many but not bad for a couple of hours a day.

3. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

So apart from the WW1 setting, how does this differ from BF4 gameplay wise?

I put about 52 hours into BF4 (was late to the party) and felt I had seen and done everything twice over. Nothing particularly wrong with the game just found it a bit repetitive after hour 50.

Looking at this an thinking, WW1, cool, but looks repetitive.

4. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

You can play it how you want to. Camp, run & gun, play for kills, play for objectives, squad play, tank it, planes...

There are so many possibilities, it's exhausting.

Gameplay is faster than BF4 and it can be quite difficult. It's not a game for "rage quitting" types but it you're willing to adapt your gameplay and put some (painful) hours in to learn the map and get a feel for it then it's very rewarding and great fun.

5. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

6. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

The Battlefield forums are a strange yet entertaining place.

In one thread, someone compares the Armoured Train (which appears if one side is losing badly enough to try and avoid a whitewash) to RL food stamps and free handouts. :hehe:

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Not even slightly surprised.

I installed it last night and played for about an hour, and I'm not keen so far. I mean it's cool and all, and there is no doubt that it looks amazing, I just don't think it's for me. I'll give it another go tonight for longer and see if I can get into it, but I highly doubt that I'll be parting with money for a pre-order or at launch.

I have played BF4 for less than 5 hours since I bought it because I couldn't stnad the infuriating bugs at the start. I think this is just too "in your face" fast paced. On the full 64 slot server I joined there was way too much happening on the map at once for me to enjoy it. Even after 450+ hours of BF3 I have to be in some kind of crazy mood to join a 64 slot server to play on a map I know like the back of my hand.

Also, the fact that my PC struggled to run it smoothly at ultra on my new 4K monitor was a bit of a downer. Running on my overclocked 970, I was dipping below 30fps when there was a lot happening on screen. My i7 980x CPU is probably the bottleneck, but I'll pull a GTX 980 out of a folding rig tomorrow and bring it home to try just in case it is the GPU. I suppose a brand new game at 4K on ultra is a big ask for a last gen mid range card never mind a CPU that's 4 generations old.

Last edited: 7 Sep 2016
  8. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

I think ultra is a bit much for a 970 ... I'm running high with a 980ti and it seems smooth enough. Jump to ultra slowed it down a bit too much I think though. 4k is punishing for graphics cards.

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Yeah in hindsight I should have known that it wouldn't run smoothly at those settings. Hopefully the 980 will handle it better. I could drop to 1920x1200, but that defeats the purpose of having a 4K panel. I would rather make proper use of it at the native resolution in a game that actually supports scaling.

10. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I doubt the i7-980x will be a bottleneck, my lads PC is an i7-950 running an AMD 7950 and that does 1080p at around 50-55fps.

11. davvy76

davvy76 Minimodder

I don't think it's faster or more hectic than bf4, that game made me rage which is unusual for me :eeek:, I'm finding it quite relaxing compared to the latter, a much more gentlemanly era......

edit:
    He says as he gets blown away in one shot from some tit spawn camping next to the anti tank rifle!!!

Last edited: 7 Sep 2016
  12. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Anyone else missing the open beta?

I'm withdrawing quite hard and haven't fired a virtual shot in anger since it was pulled. :(

13. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

Didn't play as much as I'd have liked but still more than 90% of my Steam library! Will look to buy it but only on a deal.

14. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

I enjoyed it too, missed that action for many years. BF3 and BF4 were nice but didn't fulfill me somehow.

15. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

yup, even though playing on the same map got boring after a while i still had a lot of fun.

the best battlefield since BF2:Bad Company (which was my first BF game :D) imo.

16. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

I found BF1 more enjoyable than 3 & 4.

17. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

18. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

So I have the Early Enlister / Origin Access which gives 10 hours trial before the game unlocks on the 18th.

Full servers seem a little thin on the ground, matchmaking took too long so I ended up doing things the old fashioned way and browsing the master server list instead. I had a little go on SP and it's pretty good so far. Maxed out @ 1080p on my 980ti, getting around 100 - 120 fps which feels pretty slick. No crashes yet either. Didn't get much time to play over the weekend but should be able to get on tonight.

So far so good!

19. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I did the same, it runs beautifully but finding a decent server wasn't easy. Can't complain as it is early access. Played about 4 hours or so and enjoyed myself, loving the setting and weapons.

20. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

My pre-order code is now available - let the marathon download commence!