1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bioware: Shepherd "is heterosexual by choice"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Feb 2010.

1. praxis22

praxis22 Geek

I for one, welcome our oversexed alien overlords :)

It's funny, I spent most of ME1 with Ash & Tali, I even gave Ash the better armour and weaponry, she was a real tank.

Now I spend most time with Mordin & Grunt, since the women seem to wimp out in combat.

2. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Grunt + Samara combo is deadly. Absolutely dominated the game on the hardest setting with these two.

3. praxis22

praxis22 Geek

Beyond setting them up for crossfire on occasion I don't actually use them, hence my crew need to be able to fend for themselves. That said I have heard good things about reave.

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

lol me and my gf were just talking about this the other night.. I was like wtf my elf is bisexual in dragon age and at least I don't have to put up with having shepard swing both ways in mass effect

I think zaaed swings both ways myself

5. bowman

bowman Minimodder

I heard that interchange.

The night after that I had a weird dream where asaris actually looked like large bipedal snails. :worried:

But my female Shepard still
    snuggles and gets lap dances from Kelly
    so whatever. She's a total carpet muncher.

6. cutmeister

cutmeister What's a Dremel?

May we please get a quote source verification on the following?

"Let me tell you, folks, that as a developer full of mature individuals, we are also free to not have explicit sex and/or nudity in our games, no matter what you, Fox News, the government, or Bunky the Wonder Clown has to say about it," Muzyka wrote on the forums.

"We have never considered it a 'problem', it is simply a choice we have made and we have every right to make that choice," continued Muzyka, who says he gets frustrated that "people who claim to be old enough and mature enough to handle sex and nudity in a game seem to believe that any lack of sex and nudity in the game is a sign of self-censorship."

From what I can see it was Stanley Woo of BioWare QA that posted this on BioWare's forums, not Dr. Muzyka. Unless Joe Martin knows that Stanley Woo is an alter ego for Dr. Muzyka then I think this quote needs to be attributed to the correct source.

CardJoe likes this.
  7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Indeed, you are correct sir. In fact, EA just contacted me to say they'd noticed the slip up too. They also pointed out some problems with the way that Muzyka's quotes had been chopped up. Muzyka's quote, which still contains the same remarks, has therefore been expanded and quoted in full too.

If anyone wants any more detail on how the article has been updated then I'd be happy to provide it.

+rep to you for pointing this out.

Tags: Add Tags