1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech 2017 refresh feedback: Forum usability questions (Please go here first!)

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Dogbert666, 27 Jun 2017.

1. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Thanks for making the dark skin available! And thanks for being good sports about all of this feedback, too - I appreciate that it can be a bit soul-destroying when you've put loads of hard work in and people come on here with complaints, but you've handled it all well and been very responsive to issues raised, so well done you guys!

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

:lol: I enjoy working with the community. Another dark theme will be available in the traditional narrow width of bit-tech just like the normal(blinding) style. I'm also tempted to try and make a replica of the old forums style but that will be after i deem the site to be usable and 99% error free.

aramil and MadGinga like this.
  3. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

you said this and I heard: " I enjoy working with humans"

edzieba likes this.
  4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Oh no I've been exposed :jawdrop:. For real tho this is a really cool community and I'm enjoying working with you all to try and get these forums in the best condition possible. At the moment my time at work is solely dedicated to getting them as close to perfection as possible. :blush:. I'll be making a general post tomorrow to sum up the progress that's been made and to say what I'll be doing going forward and asking the community for more feedback

aramil and MadGinga like this.
  5. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

6. MLyons

I think this is due to me not managing to import all BB code into the site yesterday due to some higher priority things coming up. I'll be putting the rest in today so hopefully it fixes this.

7. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Looks like the signatures are back.
    Thanks for sorting that so quickly. :)

8. MLyons

I'm gonna be honest here. I didn't actually do anything, I'm still at home. This is spooky

9. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

:eek: The forum has become sentient!

10. MLyons

:jawdrop: :worried: I'll have a look in about an hour to see wtf happened

11. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

dark theme working :thumb:

12. MLyons

It's also still being tweaked if you have any colour suggestions.

13. MLyons

I've looked into this and to be honest I'm horrendous at custom BB code in our new forum software. I'll keep looking into it but I can't make any promises.

14. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Loving the dark theme, much easier on the eyes:)

15. MLyons

And it only gets better from here

16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

The dark theme in the narrow format would hit the sweet spot. I find full width a bit of a pain to read stretched across a 32" monitor.

17. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

I don't know exactly how you'll managed the 'what's the general need for Tapatalk' comparability but I'd like to throw another yes please in the mix. Using forum in iOS safari and so far so good but would still not as easy as Tapatalk.

18. MLyons

So it's a usability issue. What exactly makes tapatalk easier? Ideally I'll just make edits to the website to make it easier to use on mobile. But if there's enough demand I'll take it to the powers that be and see what they say.

19. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

I'd say is a mix of usability and what I'm use to. For me I use various forums so bit-tech is my computer / gaming fix, seatcurpa.net for my car etc so Tapatalk is great to have them all in once place, messages and notifications in same place. As far as the navigation around the site goes, again no matter the site Tapatalk looks the same, options are in same place etc so for me personally I find it's much easier to jump in and out of for a quick check what's heppening. I can't comment on any other platform but on iOS Tapatalk looks good, fonts nice size and layout so it maybe you could tweak the forum layout for mobile browsers but I'd still end up using Tapatalk for my other forums so it would be annoying to flip back to browser anytime I need my bit-tech fix :)

20. MLyons

These are good points. I'll ask if we can do it and I'll provide an update here on Monday if I haven't by 5 Msg me :grin:

Last edited: 1 Jul 2017