1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 13 Dec 2020.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

So,
    -mercedes&lewis continue to do what they do
    -red bull's "not max" curse continues.
    -Steiner is probably regretting selling his sole the the mazepins, he's just god dam awful.
    -the race for 3rd in the constructors is going to be fantastic between McLaren and Ferrari, with alpha tauri seeming to be right up there too.
    -alonso continues to outdrive whatever car he's in
    -vettel continues to be crap whatever car's he's in

Just a shame there's 3 weeks till the next race

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Still better than bankruptcy, next year they'll get more prize money, they already get more development and CFD time, the rules move back towards engine power over aero jibblets. Mazepin's serving his purpose.

I wonder if Mazepin himself realises it, I'll bet his dad does and is paying up as much to get his company in all those photos of Sprogmacher as much as for his son to drive.

The_Crapman likes this.
  3. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I hope this will mean that Lance Stroll gets at least a tiny bit more respect for the job he does...

The_Crapman likes this.
  4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

True. Being associated with the son of an all time great is probably enough. Hopefully a couple of years will be enough to get them into a better position and be able punt mazepin jnr to the curb. But God I hope he improves QUICK. At least with crashdonado etc, they had some talent to put in the odd performance in-between calamities.

I think last year went some way to that, he was at least reasonably consistent. I'm not sure what impression will be the largest; his ability or vettel's lack of :hehe:

5. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Really disappointed with Vettel, was really hoping he would have got back to his old self.

6. fix-the-spade

Nah, it just mean Vettel's definitely a spent force.

7. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Wish there was some sort of clause in F1 to stop nepotism.

There's decent drivers missing out just because daddies rich.

Business is business I suppose.

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah... unlikeable as they are, they are keeping a couple of teams in F1. I don't rate Stroll or Marzipan as drivers but I can see the willingness to put up with them for the teams' survival.

He has - whining and blaming other folk for his screw-ups.

Unless you mean even further back, like ignoring team orders to f**k over his team mate, or deliberately driving into another car.

9. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

''why did he change line ??''

its called a corner mate...you drove STRAIGHT into the back of him

Also genuinely surprised he wasnt called in for a nose change that i saw, that nose had bits hanging off and i figured it would of been a hazard

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

There has to be some sort of limit to that though...

Stroll may be mediocre at best and have the personality of supermarket bread but at least he mostly keeps the car on track while staying out of other drivers hair.

Mazepin on the other hand? He seems a proper Taki Inoue.

11. fix-the-spade

There sort of is in the Super License rules that Sir Lancelot accidentally provoked in 2017.

We could have had Matsushita and Mazepin in 2018, then God knows who after that. Instead we've had Gasly, Leclerc, Sirotkin, Gio, Albon, Norris, Russel, Latifi, Tsunoda, Mick, and eventually Mazepin. It says a lot that the next worst rookies were Latifi and Sirotkin, both of whom can/could at least steer the Williams between the white lines every weekend. It also says a lot that Mazepin is the only one of those rookies who didn't rack up the minimum 40 SL points in a single season. The system is mostly working, especially compared to the pay driver's heyday in the 80s and 90s

If this weekend is any indicator Mazepin could become the next Yuji Ide.

12. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Well I reckon it's got to be Yuki Tsunoda for my underdog support this year.

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I agree, largely. Like I said, I don't rate Stroll as an F1 driver - there are more deserving drivers out there, in my opinion, but daddy's money got him to the front of the queue. In fairness he has shown a couple of moments of genuine skill, though there's probably an argument somewhere in there about infinite monkeys with typewriters and Shakespeare.

I don't know enough about Mazepin yet, obviously, but what little I have learnt has placed him squarely on bottom rung of the ladder.

14. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

As much as people are (quite possibly deservingly) being harsh on Mazepin, it's worth noting that Schumacher did essentially the same thing a few laps later, and also that his surname holds a bit of clout too...

My guess would actually be that the HAAS is even more brutally unforgiving to drive this year than it has for the last few, even in the hands of two very experienced drivers. And they've shoved two unproven rookie drivers in it :duh:

15. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Have to agree, onboard of both over the weekend shows them fighting the car so it seems to be a horrible car to try an drive/set up, compare that to Tsunoda who not kept his car on track and had some decent overtakes but, he seemed very comfortable with the setup of the car.

It could be the wind that was not helping the situation as turn 3-4 it would be coming in from the left and bringing sand with it.

16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Leaving this here -

17. legoman

legoman breaker of things

They only have something like a 10 mile range though

18. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Still very cool though! I will aim to be watching it.

As for the GP, I enjoyed it.

19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

20. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope