1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Bit-tech review request thread

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Baz, 20 Apr 2012.

1. TobletDanillio

TobletDanillio Minimodder

140mm radiator fan

2. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

A proper water cooling gear round up, either here or in CPC -- I've mentioned this several times only to be met with stony silence (Last proper round up in CPC was June 2008)

I'd like to see the practical science and maths covered -- for example the head pressure, flow rate and radiator required to dissipate x TDP. I appreciate that would be a pretty difficult undertaking but it would be well worth doing to put it to bed.

I also second mechanical keyboards -- seems a lot of people, including myself, are interested.

3. Mac_Trekkie

Mac_Trekkie Source Engine's #1 fan!

4. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I'd like to see all of that.

I'd like to see watercooling kits reviewed. So I can make sense of whether they are worth it. Although I'm likely taking the plunge(soz) this weekend... So it would be impossible to waver my decision.

5. davefelcher

davefelcher What's a Dremel?

Another vote for big, high resolution (>1080p) monitors.

6. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

Last edited: 6 May 2012
  7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

+1 to this.

I'm looking for an upgrade for my GTX295, with significant power savings, so I'd be interested in seeing how the extended 600 series range copes - can't afford a 680 :sigh:

It'd be interesting to see a review on those Revo Drive SSD cards - not that I can afford one of those either.

8. Ljs

Ljs Modder

FT03 mini review please!

Considering the more powerful ITX boards coming out and the distinct lack of decent ITX cases, it would be nice to see how this fairs.

9. David

+1

I was just about to request the same thing.

10. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I would rather bit didn't review monitors or mechanical keyboards, the previous reviews have been awful and there are much better and more detailed reviews available elsewhere.

11. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I'm going to be in the market looking for a gaming laptop in the next couple of months.
    Any chance of doing some reviews on the sub £2K range. I would like to see results from the hd7970m vs GTX 670/680m. Ideally the best bang per buck. :)

12. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I want to see more audio gear reviewed, especially things like the Microblab Solo 5c- 8c.

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

For those pesky rest breaks? :hehe:

Seriously, it must be hell being away from your rig for days at a time - if I had a setup like that I'd need to be prised away from it with a spatula...

14. Arghnews

Arghnews What's a Dremel?

I think what people realllly want are roundups, as they allow us to see what's good relative to the competition.

Fans/Fan controllers
    Mechanical keyboards
    And personally, I'd ♥ a GPU coolers review, to see what Bit Tech concludes is statistically best between the Direct CU II and the Windforce, + some others, like the Phantom, although I understand getting a hold of all of these may be tricky, and so this may be unrealistic.

Oh, and I think the Buyer's Guide is also a great feature of the site. So please keep that going every month :)

15. David

I'd love a labs review of CPU waterblocks, including pressure drops and colling performance. I'm guessing that it would be fairly time consuming though. Still, it never hurts to ask. :D

16. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Yep, tell me about it. The reason I need a better laptop is, the HD5470XT doesn't cut it. I can't play games at my native res of 1366x768 as games like Dirt 3 only play at 20fps with everything on low. Drop the res to 1280x600, and I can start to turn some settings up.

Friday I travelled to Scotland, loaded up, and took the load to Newport. I was parked up by 11AM Sunday, and could not tip the load till this morning.
    So as you can imagine, I was pretty board. I managed to download CCS, internet tethering from my phone, and managed to download the game on the go.
    So I managed to have a few online games via the internet from my phone. I still couldn't max out CCS, as when to many people was on the screen, it would drop to 20FPS. So this is the reason why I want to have a gaming laptop.

Anyhow, I'm home now, so I can power up my Sig Rig. :)

I'm liking the look of the ASUS ROG, and MSI laptops at the mo.

Baz, I need you to review some, as I would like to play games like BF3 on Ultra, on the go.... :)

17. go0rath

go0rath What's a Dremel?

18. arinmahal

arinmahal What's a Dremel?

hey, BAZ..
    thanks..,i agreed with you.

19. Taniniver

Taniniver Minimodder

I'd like to see a review of the Arctic Cooling Accelero Hybrid please:

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/vga/569/accelero-hybrid.html?c=2182

As far as I'm aware, this is the first self-contained GPU water cooler on the market, and since things like the Corsair H80 and H100 have been a big success at CPU cooling it certainly looks interesting.

I'd buy one, but I haven't seen any professional reviews yet and never trust manufacturers claims without proper tests to back them up!

20. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Just got one of these in - I think strapping it to a 680 and 7970 is on the cards.