1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Black Wisper ver.2

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Stubkier, 28 May 2006.

1. Stubkier

Stubkier What's a Dremel?

Hello

About half a year ago i posted some drawings for are modd called black Wisper

Link: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=102716

That projekt did not come any further than a lot of drawings and talking ;)

But now summer is coming, and all summer allmost three month I will have acces to a great workshop with lots of tools, and some other fun stuff - so now I am planing a new mod - and I need some respons on some skechtes that I have made.

The modd will be of a Lian Li v1200 (yes another Lian Li mod ;)) It will be a watercooled system, and hopefully it will run as a passive system 99% of the time -there will be a active radiator just incase the temps. get to high.

On to the skechtes. The first three are of the right side of the case, on that side there will be 2 Alphacool Cape CORA 442 Convect Midi Black, alongside 2 Cape Coolplex 25 external.

[​IMG]

The big grey box is the to two radiators, they will be connected in series.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But I have some questions regarding the size of the case.

1)When Lian Li states that the case dimensions is 210x490x625 mm (W,H,D). Is the 490mm then with or without the weels on?

The next series of skechtes is of the inside of the case. It is of the bottom part where the harddrives would normaly be fitted.

[​IMG]

The black box is the middel is a 2*120mm radiator. The grey squares on top of it are fans, as is the grey square in the front.

[​IMG]

The white box all the way in the back is a PSU

[​IMG]

Last but not least the grey'ish box in between the front fan and the radiator is my pumps (yes there will be two pumps).

My biggest consern is:
    2) Is there room for all the things that I want to place in the bottom part of the case? The harddrives is going the be in the 5.25 drive bays. I know that if I want to place all the radiator in the bottom it will mean alot of modding, but that is not a problem :)

The pumps are C-Systems CSP-750 Mark II. Most of the cooling will be done with Innovatek blocks. So it will be a 10/8 mm system.

Comments, critics and suggestions are welcome

Stubkier

2. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

What do you mean by this? If you want to keep a safety when temps get too high you could put some fans in on the radiator that turn on when the processor gets too hot, that would be fairly easy to do.

3. Stubkier

Okay I will try to make my self a bit more clear.

There will be a total of three radiators.
    2 passive Cape Cora on the outside of the case
    1 Alphacool NexXxoS Pro II

The NexXxos will have fans on it, but most of the time they will (hopefully) not be running. But if the temps gets over a limit, lets say 50 celius for the CPU and 70 for the GPU then the fans on the NexXos will start up, and hopefully lower the temps.

The passive radiators are

http://www.alphacool.de/xt/product_...iators/cape-cora-442-convect-midi-black:.html

As you can see, one is not supposed to place any fans on them.

Is more clear what I am planing to do?

Stubkier

4. Stubkier

Getting closer to having all the hardware for the modd. But i am still in need of an display for the front of the case.

And that's why I need some help. At the moment I have 4 solutions in mind.

1) Buy a psone screen an mod it to fit the front, seen them second hand for around 65£

2) Buy the Alphacool LCD-Display 240x128 Pixel cost 70£

3) Buy a AC Aquabay CF blue/white cost 80£

4) Make my own display. It will have same fetures as the AC Aquabay display. This will set me back around 35£ and then i need a mouting plate 5£ so in total this would cost my 40 £

The only problem is that I do not have any serial ports on my motherboard. But i have some spare USB ports. So I ask, can I use a seriell display together with an USB to Serial ?

If i can't use a conveter then I think the PSone screen would be the bedst way to go. The fancontroller i will be using is the T-balancer from mCubed, and for that there is no software for the Alphacool, but there is for the PSone screen via Samurize.

Here you can se the software supported by T-balancer

http://www.t-balancer.com/english/software.htm

So what do you think what display should i go for 1,2,3 or 4 ?

Best regards Stubkier