1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broadband for Heavy Useage user?

Discussion in 'General' started by AlexB, 20 Jan 2008.

1. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

I am a heavy user and Nildram have no caps whatsoever, no P2P traffic port blocking nor do they have a long term contract. It's one months notice. Thats why i chose them also they have a very nice and helpful Customer Service.

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Seconded. I'm on the 20mb as well and I've not got a complaint in the world. Just throttle down your torrents between 18:00 and midnight and you're cruising.

Can't say I've ever seen less than around 1.8MB/sec out of it, and its usually spot on at 2.2-2.4MB/sec

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I have to say that UKOnline are very good. Great customer service (couldn't have said that a couple of years ago) and no caps. :)

4. Akava

Akava Lurking...

QFT

50gb monthly cap, but anything you don't use carries to the next month. As my first month finished a day after I had it (not sure why) I had just under 100gb for the first full month :D so that was nice :D :dremel:

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I have to agree that Zen are an outstanding ISP. They've been nothing but awesome for the entire time I've had broadband, and even with no point of reference beyond them I can say that they're the best or close to it, simply because I couldn't hope for anything better than what they provide to me.

However, given their newer contracts (I'm on an older, now unavailable one) I'd have to say they're not that great for heavy usage. I can clear 40-80GB down in a month on a 512Kbit connection, and that's significantly below national average speeds for DSL. Given that Zens caps are, IIRC, 5, 20 and 40GB's - they're not going to be good for a multiple users or even a single heavy downloader.

6. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I'm on the top end pipex package, and they have never moaned about how much I download once, not in the entire 6 years we've been with them. That said I have been with them since they started residential broadband down here in Cornwall so I do get a few more perks that other new customers don't.

7. BlueTrin

BlueTrin What's a Dremel?

If you use P2P you will want to get the best upload rate ... or you could just pay an additional access to newsgroups such as GigaNews ...

8. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

I'm on BT and hate it. Only times they don't throttle the speed is when I'm at Uni which is no use to me at all.

I think I'll go for Be next.