1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Call to BTers: Pimp my civic!

Discussion in 'General' started by shroom, 28 Mar 2005.

1. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

Well after the massive frustration with the tint, I called it quits for the day. But I removed the 14 year old dealer sticker from the back with my dremel and the plastic brush tool :dremel: It looked good then I hook it too far, so there is a spot that I rubbed it to hard. I plan to give the tint another try next weekend, as I'll have someone to help me with the sheets (kinda tricky to handle as one person) and I have an idea how to make it work. I really hope it does, because I think tint is a good step. No clue how to do the rear window though, as I've heard all sorts of confusing crap about working around defroster coils. We'll see.

Otherwise, I installed a headlight buzzer (no more dead batteries for me!) but of course now that I've installed it I think about it and always turn off my lights, lol. Either way, its effective I suppose. Also gave myself a refresher course on polishing compound on my gfs car, so next weekend I'll be investing in a rotary buffer and depending how much time I have, and if the touch up paint arrives, I may tackle my paint job with a ton of compound and wax. Hopefully I can patch up most of it.

The leak in my trunk seems to be resolved atm. Turns out my rear lights were filling with water, which dumped into the trunk once it got to the light sockets. Took them out / cleaned them out / dried them out and made a new gasket and seal with some ultra black silicone.

Plans for the rims, are once I take put my car on stands for a week I'll spend alot of time with a dremel and the wire brush wheel to take out all the rust and take it down to bare metal, followed by 3 or so coats of gloss black, industrial application so it wont get shredded by dirt etc.

Soon after the rims come the bumpers. I'm not sure whether to color code them (big problem here is matching my paint color, which will be realling fing expensive) or to just spray them gloss black.

Infraggable krunk; Nice ps, and I really dig the vinyl sticker. I was actually looking at those the other day at the auto shop. Its like $20 for a full set.
    Aside, from that, its not a Type R, nor a VTEC, and I dont want to have my car hazed / keyed / blown up by rice-haters, so I'll pass on those stickers, lol.

D4VID; that bit-tech sticker looks wicked. I'll have to get some adhesive type clear printer material and put that in the window. Anybody wanna give me a high res ps file so I can do it? :thumb:

jaguarking11; thanks for the second go :thumb: Have any more info on muffler tips? Like pricing and how they attach? The muffler is brand new, so its not rusty, but it does bother me that the hole for the muffler pipe in the bumper is big enough to fit 8 of mine, lol.

Aside from all this, I love you guys :D

2. Infraggable Krunk

Infraggable Krunk What's a Dremel?

fine heres a non -rice vesion ( im still leaving the decal cause i think it works on the hatchback) If anyone tells you that it looks ricey just tell them that its actually a drawing of a battery discharging and you can draw on some plus and minus signs :thumb:

[​IMG]

I would seriously consider buffing your paint to the highest gloss it will accept. You will surprised just what polishing can do to an old paint job. Only after that should you consider painting the bumpers. My dad told me that cheaper cars have miscolored bumpers, so just coloring the bumper the same color will really bring up its street value if done right.

Im a big fan of big rims and lowered cars, really any car looks better with just a small investment.

Hope everything goes well

heh if you get an Apexi tachometer then you can use that sticker

btw I was being sarcastic about the vtec and type :D , its just every other honda I see has those sticker :duh:

3. therealdave

therealdave What's a Dremel?

ok my mates got a civic del sol and he's put on some lambodoors http://www.lambodoors.com/ which are sweet

and i recently helped him put some nice black s2000 seats into it... swap the bases' and they fit in near perfect

maybe that'll raise a few more ideas :)

4. D4VID

D4VID What's a Dremel?

5. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

6. brianpodskalny

brianpodskalny ladies night!

for the bit decal:

they sell make your own sticker kits in most office supply chains, just reverse the image and put it on the inside so i doesnt get all messed up with the weather.

as for rims:

i would also reccomend sandblasting them if you have access to an air compressor. i just picked up a really cheap sandblaster on clearance at walmart for $11 USD, but you can pick them up at many autoparts stores also. black gloss would look nice i think.

on paint:

be careful with paint. ive seen too many ppl totally ruin a car with bad painting. did i read right that you have touchup paint comming? test is on a place kinda outta sight (or atleast you dont have to see all the time.) after 14 years your paint is probably faded so factory replacement colors may be off.

i know you cant afford a whole car paint job, but if you find a place that specializes in car paint they may have a machine that will measure the exact color of your paint and then they can make you an exact match. only problem with that is that youll need an air powered sprayer, tho if its really small touch up you might be able to get away with a decent airbrush.

the interior is fine, unless you want some more instrumentation in there leave it how it is. again, ive seen interiors runied by some tasteless use of spraypaint. seat covers and mats look fine in there, it all matches. wouldnt go any further than that.

as for a cd player : for under $150 new your best bet is looking in the sale adds of bestbuy and circuit city every sunday. DO NOT have them install it. there are almost $80 of hidden fees with a "free" installation (my parents got hosed cuz they didnt tell me they were going) walmart is also reasonable within that price range, but they rarely run sales. you may also want to try stereo install places, they have alotta pulls from installs where the rich kid didnt want his old deck back. make sure that you know how much they cost new, or they will try to hose you also.

all in all i would say thats a very nice little car. i dont see any visible rust, and no major dings and dents. looks hella better than mine, and itll be even better with a little tlc.

oh and i almost forgot - junkyards are a goldmine of "performance" parts. even if you cant afford it, try checking around. if you keep your eyes open you may just find something you want for a great price.

Last edited: 11 Apr 2005
  7. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

As for the tip I would sugest a nice 1.5inch tip. They sell them at autozone for about 10-15bucks. All it requires for you to do is cut down the old one a fiew inches and screw the new one in. It has probly around 3-4 screws on it to center it to your old mufler. Mind you that thing wont give you the buzz those riced up civics around here get but thats a good thing. The only thing it will do is make that obscure tip look a litle better and give you a more finished look. Also dont try to put a tip thats too large or else it will look nasty and also you may want to concicder the plain cut ones versus the round canon looking ones.

Just keep the car low key and you will do fine. I sugest against puting any stickers on the car. Also if you want to finish up your touch up paint you may want to use some gs27 and a old pice of cloth and rub it really hard to fuse the old paint with the new one in case of scratches. I also think removing the old bages may give you that stelthed look.

8. Xgamer

Xgamer What's a Dremel?

I agree with jaguarking11, removing the badges and side molding will give it a much cleaner look.

9. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

edited - nevermind, damn sales photographer needs lessons.

Last edited: 12 Apr 2005
Tags: