1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics cheapest place in the US to buy two components?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by nleahcim, 27 Dec 2003.

1. nleahcim

nleahcim What's a Dremel?

Hi - I need to order two components - a 1N4001 diode and a 2N4401 transistor. I only need one of each - but I'll probably get 3 of each to be safe (a tradition that I reccomend everyone else follow)

Anyways - normally I order from digi key - but they have that $25 minimum order stuff - so I'd rather not deal with them. Who do you think would be the best place to order these parts from including shipping? Thanks!

(oh and I can't shop locally for these - the only "electronics" store we have is ratshack - and lord knows they won't carry any of these parts - let alone know what the heck they are)

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Over here those 2 parts would cost around 15p and the cheapest delivery is around 200p, so as you say it's worth building up a collection of extra bits.

My local Maplin shop doesn't carry any components either, but they will order you anything from the catalogue to pick up from the shop a couple of days later, no extra cost - do Radio Shack do that?

3. Wndrbread

Wndrbread What's a Dremel?

Yeah, you can order from there catalouges there, but there selection is lacking and there pretty over priced for certain things

4. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix