1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

China decides to oppress Muslims...

Discussion in 'Serious' started by modgodtanvir, 10 Sep 2008.

1. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

Communism and totalitarianism are not the same thing. Communism is an alternative to capitalism not to democracy.

Moriquendi

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

All children are atheists, they have to be brainwashed educated in which particular religion to follow. There are no genes for 'Church of England', etc.

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

And Muslims have been causing more of a stir lately. Not many Buddhists or Taoists rioting or blowing up public transport recently. The Chinese government recognises competition when it sees it.

At least in Islam, the belief is that when any child dies it automatically goes to heaven because all children are innocents. The Catholic church holds a different opinion on those who have not been baptised in its faith.

4. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I always thought it was wrong that children are often born into religion and not given a choice about their beliefs. Parents will always want what's best for their child, but surely something as personal as faith should be up to the individual.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Unless you live in Burma, then the government carts you off into the mountains and shoots you.

Silver - you bring your children up in your image, that's why people have children. You do what you think is best everyday and that includes religion.

6. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

The Catholic Church also decided it was going to ignore what was written in the Bible on that subject (that a child is sanctified by the faith of the parents). Bit of a fundamental thing to have wrong in my book.

7. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

The problem with main religions, well all of them is the fact that they are all left open to interpretation by so many people. If 'God' stuck his finger in are faces and told us the chewing bubble gum is illegal, i am pretty such we would stop as it was god saving so.

But we dont get that, all we get is some nut job saying he had visions and god asked him to clean the world of his prefered problem.

8. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

The terrorists wouldn't attack China because the Chinese government would pull every suspected terrorist out to the streets and put a bullet in their head. Women, child, guilty or not they wouldn't bother checking. Now if it was the US we'd be lost in red tape and trying to figure things out. The typical hurry up and wait. The terrorists wouldn't get the attention they're looking for and the government would clamp down media outlets.

**DISREGARD** Clearified in recent post.

Last edited: 11 Sep 2008
  9. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Is it wrong to envy them for that, i mean the chinese would do there research before finding you, and if your surround in bomb making equipment and plans my view is your not there for a picnic are you!

Like those 3 chaps in london, they said they made the bombs as examples and stuff, and has taken best part of a year i think to conclude that there bad men. Think of the cost of all that red tape, what makes it worse the tax payer had to house and feed them!

Chinese bullet ~£1 (if that) vs £1m or more British/american way

No wonder there a super power as they dont piss there money away on legal fee's!

10. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Umm, no. Be a little more realistic and informed here.

Firstly, "the terrorists" (or to be more accurate, muslim extremists, in this case) do attack china. Not the saudi arabian ones that hate the US, but you get different flavours of extremists all over the world.

Next, the chinese don't just put bullets in the heads of everyone who's suspected of being terrorists. They're a little more sophisticated than that - torture and intimidation of carefully selected persons work much better in regions where significant parts of the populace doesn't feel very chinese, and doesn't trust the far away government in Beijing.

Justice should be blind to cost. You don't just execute people because it's cheaper, and you need to be sure not only how guilty people are, but how guilty that makes other parties who're involved in the case. Our laws are complicated, but they've been designed over the last 1000 years or so to be fair and just. That's a good thing. The cost of the trial was probably far more than a million, but so what, it's not that much money.

And china ain't a super power, not yet. Powerfull sure, but not a superpower.

11. UrbanMarine

@specofdust, Well the only terrorists/extremists I had to deal with were the ones I shot or captured during my TODs. I must of missed the anti-china ones because I found guys from India, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Egypt and Saudi Arabia that were anti-american/anti-westerners and none of them spoke of their brothers in China but mentioned their brothers in the EU, Africa, US, ME and India.

Thx for the info.

@Burnout, I didn't mean I'm in favor of killing random people. I ment that China gets the ball rolling to find out who did what. The US sits around waiting for the ok before even starting to find out information. ex. When i was in Iraq there was a village that was 200% insurgents (we scouted it for a week) and we couldn't enter until we had insider intel on the village. We knew the entire village was hostile not one female or child and we figured it to be a staging point. Anyways..by the time we got the green light the place had no value and we didn't get much intel.

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

What are you trying to say? Are you trying to say that there is no islamic terrorism in china? Dude go to any major news site and search. Muslim extremism is a problem for China just like it is for most other powerfull nations (EU, US, India, Russia).

13. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Anyone writing thank you letters to China yet?

14. UrbanMarine

No I'm saying that I wasn't aware of the high level of extremism in China and thx for the info. The only extremists I've met had nothing to do with China and they were from 10+ nations.

@Kindgred, I'm typing up one right now. j/k

15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Well, it depends on your definition of high, but yeah the chinese get stuff blown up too. We don't really hear about it too much in the west because basically most of us don't care, but it happens. Same with the indians.

16. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Surely no one here is suggesting that it is a good decision to stop people from practicing what they believe in freely?

I mean, stop terrorism by all means. Put a bullet in the head of anyone who even considers suicide bombing, but innocent men, women and children being stopped from observing the necessities of their religion? I mean, all they want to do is fast and pray - nobody has any demands - they're not saying that they intend to blow **** up, they are not asking for money and they aren't doing anyone any harm... they should all suffer because some nutter blew something up? Well then I suggest we kill all Americans for the amount of innocent people that Bush has killed (both American and non-American)...

See my point?

17. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I doubt any one is condoning the oppression as such. However as has been pointed out China is intolerant of all religions this is no more a slight against Islam as Communist Russia outlawing Christianity.

18. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Oh yes, but what can you do about it? You can't just get America to be the world's police, upholding "freedom" and all that crap. Besides, apart from a verbal condemning, nothing else can be done.

19. UrbanMarine

The US went from a serious voice in the world to a pub joke. It's going to take more than the EU & US to get China to budge. You saw how things went during the Olympics just to get them to allow internet access. Like dragon said we can't police the world. It's hard to be the humanitarians and enforcers. The muslims of China are going to have to stand up to their government and get the worlds backing.

20. Haramzadeh

Haramzadeh Son of Sin

I've noticed people are talking like there is "lots of Islamic terrorism" in China. I've been reading on the plight of the Uighurs and the Tibetans for a while. The Uighur muslims rarely have ever commited acts of terrorism, especially against Chinese civilians. In fact, in the almost century of oppressive Communist rule the Muslims have probably commited about no more than 5 actual terrorist attacks. What they have done is engage in a regular separatist insurgency and targetted chinese communist police station and military patrols. That's not terrorism.