1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Chroming copper blocks

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Xarig, 5 Oct 2008.

1. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

I'm just planning my next build and all the parts are in house now, the rig is performing nicely "on air'", now it's time to get some water in there.

Is there any reason why I can't get my copper blocks (all EK) chromed? It would suite the build much better and I have a local supplier who can do it.
    Is there any difference between chroming, polished nickel plating etc. in terms of performance etc.

All thoughts welcome.

Cheers

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

EK sells nickel plated versions of its blocks. But there is no reason why you couldn't have it done yourself. It won't affect performance.

3. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

When I was building custom show cars, we would use the local plating shop. He would copper coat 1st, nickel plate 2nd, and a thin chrome plate 3rd. Plating a copper block would be skipping step 1 and 3 as polished nickel is just as shiny and would conceivably save a little in the cost.
    I don't know what performance would be but looks would be in the OH! department.