1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding coldheat

Discussion in 'Modding' started by antoidicus, 18 Jul 2005.

1. antoidicus

antoidicus What's a Dremel?

ok i baught a small sodering gun from canadian tire (not the best place) its called coldheat and i cant exactly get it to work (im trying to fix my mp3 player ) any one no how to use this thing?

2. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

ok i don't have one but you said its new? if so why don't you take it back and get one that works.

if you don't or can't do that change the batteries make sure the wireing looks good and going to where it should.

other than that i can't help much sorry

3. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

I've got one, and I'm sorry to say you wasted your money and should return it asap. It will only melt solder that is extremely small in diameter, around .015. Also, the design of the tip makes it extremely difficult to get it to work in the first place.

Take it back, and use your money to get yourself a good soldering iron.

4. mediacoretex

mediacoretex What's a Dremel?

it good for other things like jelely

5. zmodder

zmodder What's a Dremel?

also a friend of mine has it, i suggest u return it as well. The tip breaks often and needs to be replaced due to the sudden changes in temp (goin from hot to cold in a few secs) also the thing is just to big to work with and the tip is also too large for good soldering.