1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Cooler Master 2011 Case Mod Competition - vote now

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 19 May 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

They all deserve it!

3. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

The desk - the guy drinks coolant!

4. Chad Chubatcha

Chad Chubatcha What's a Dremel?

The selection of mods featured in this article makes me proud to be Dutch! (A) Voted for the space ship myself, although not finished, awesome project!

5. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Tron Light bike, or a PC within a desk....so hard....:(

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Massive amount of awesome mods there :rock::thumb:.
    But this competition revealed a gigantic flaw with internet votes on mod comps in plain view for me which has completely turned me off mod comps that take internet votes :( but definitely not actual modding :thumb: I'll be modding till I'm too weak to pick up a tool :lol:.

Nearly forgot to say who I voted for before I found out about the sham :blush:.

I voted for scratch builds that didn't seem to be getting much support but was really awesome mods, my votes would have been different if the ones I was going to vote for wasn't doing so very well, in mod comps I like to see a close ballance as all mods in comps have their own qualities although some do have the extra vavavoom :D :thumb:.

Scratch builds
    Charge! although I'd call this an extreme case mod but it's a kickass mod so had to vote for it :D
    Sors salutis
    Wall-E

For case mods I was able to vote my favourites since Paultan was doing very well with his nike mod.

Case mods
    Usonian
    RESURREKTION
    ATCs 840 STACKER

I used 3 different PC's in the house :naughty: couldn't help it with being spoilt with multivote here :).

Last edited: 20 May 2011
  7. Frenkie

Frenkie Lets mod the world!

I agree with Waynio, and not because of the vote ( thanx man!). The guys who flaunt their mods over a zillion forums and can gather up a lot of 'friends' get a lot of internet votes. Luckely Coolermaster has opted to divide the scoring between internet votes and a jury, with a balance of 30-70%. Nevertheless; seeing the incredible amount of high standard mods here, I guess we all were longing for a big competiton.

8. jj_sky5000

jj_sky5000 Minimodder

It a shame but it is what it is!!! lots of great work. "Tron" !!! on the scratch side is my favorite, L3p D3sk is amazing but the votes should be way closers and on teh tower side CM-HAF-XL, Usonian and Dawn of war awesome work, true mods, If a couple of spary painted with hardly any modding wins on the tower side, it will be great disappointment. I think the judges will get it right and those guys wont even place.

9. jj_sky5000

jj_sky5000 Minimodder

Dawn of war mod has only 3 votes much better mod than he is given credit for. the people voting must be blind or are not even looking at teh other mods

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Theres a good few with boosted votes :duh: but the ones I like & respect a lot seem about right on the votes, it's tough for original pieces as theres no set fan base for particular design so I suppose naturally lack votes.

To be honest I'd find it hard to pick a number 1, there are quite a lot I really like & would be happy to use virtually any of them :D:lol:.

If I seperated the themed cases from the original cases I'd find it a little bit easier I think but would still be a tough 1 to call.

I agree about the airbrushed ones though, just pay someone to do it & theres the mod :confused: so yeah I'd discount those straight away from the comp if I was a judge :lol:.

11. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Okay dont get me wrong but L3p D3sk is an awesome build but how in the hell does it have that many votes, I mean the Tron build is more impressive then a computer with a desk... ya you know who I voted for lol.

12. CrazyBlade

CrazyBlade What's a Dremel?

The Tron build is amazing, I completely agree, but for me the sheer size of the L3p project is astounding. And he just got everything right imo, the lighting, the various stages he went through. I'm in absolute awe of it, I must admit, and it's inspiring me to my first ever water cooled build. If that's not a reason for me to vote for it, I don't know what is.

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Posting on god knows how many forums & reddit & possibly other places as well as already being an awesome mod that didn't need to be boosted but don't know about the other places bit :D.

Have you not seen the gingerbread house, that had ridiculasly bloated votes too :confused:.

Can only say I'm glad it doesn't come entirely down to the internet vote count :clap:.

Bods Tron mod is super duper, really is :D love the body work on it & really love the lighting on it perfectly done, really like the case handles (just push your arms through the wheels) awesome :D, even recovered from a big hiccup, it's also fantastic how fast he made it all come together, no messing around :rock: matches the bike it's based on :D, it costs a bit though to get some of the parts done like that but made the deadline just in time, perfect & 1 of not so many specifically built with the comp in mind so really would be a deserving winner imo, USS eurisko is really nice too, my 2 favourite themed scratch builds.

But what about Wall-E that thing can freak zoo animals out & double up as a pc :lol::D.

14. mattari

mattari What's a Dremel?

The tron light bike has that certain x factor for me. Very cool.

15. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Congrats Boddaker !
    And thanks Cooler Master and all voters ! :D

16. Nanosec

Nanosec absit iniuria verbis

I am so glad to see that the vote count wasn't the only factor in their decision. IMHO Tron should have had the most votes, I am so glad the judges could see through the numbers and picked the Best scratch build. Grats Bod

Tags: Add Tags