1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Cooler Master "Musketeer" Problems

Discussion in 'Modding' started by BlueMax, 29 Mar 2005.

1. BlueMax

BlueMax What's a Dremel?

What's up guys, I don't post often. But when I do, each and every reply is full of meaty facts and contributes to the thread :D

Anyway, I recently purchased a Cooler Master Musketeer 2 from Xoxide.com. I hooked it up via the instruction's every step, and turned my computer on. Everything seemed to work fine! It looks amazing. Then I noticed something.

The left and right channel audio are supposed to "stimulate" the needle on the left and right gauges on the Musketeer 2. However, when I play any sound from my computer, the left channel audio doesn't play. The needle doesn't move and the sound doesn't come through the left speaker. The right needle works fine and the right channel audio comes through fine.

So I plugged it into my roomate's computer and it worked FINE! Both channels worked flawlessly. Both audio signals came through each left and right speaker. So we did the usual: Switched speakers and switched soundcards. Every thing we tried yielded the same result: No left audio on my computer. Anybody got any ideas?

NF7-S V2
    Barton 2500+
    GeForce 6800 GT
    2 X 512 MB Corsair XMS PC3200

My roomate's computer is completely different than mine, and it worked on his, so we are thinking it's possibly the motherboard or videocard making the left channel audio not come through. But that doesn't really make sense. Anybody got any suggestions?

http://www.xoxide.com/cooler-master-mustketeer-2.html

2. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

Do you get left audio without the Musketeer in place?

Have you checked the Mixer in windows to check you haven't set the balance all the way to right or anything simple like that?

3. BlueMax

BlueMax What's a Dremel?

Yep I certainly get left audio without the Musketeer.

Also, the mixers are all centered, no lefties or righties going on.