1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Corsair & ASUS team up with new enthusiast products

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 28 Sep 2005.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

*drool* Niiiice setup.

Truth be told, I'm more partial to Abit boards than Asus, but each company has a lot to offer.

3. acidfire

acidfire What's a Dremel?

Sometimes this just frustrates me, I've only had my A8N SLI Premium and then they come out with this? :miffed: If I'd see news of this sooner I'd have waited. I want my 16x sli :(

4. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Hehe...never fear, acidfire. This is like saying "I want 8 tons of raw chicken." Chicken may be good and tasty, but you just don't need 8 tons of it. :)

By the time we max out 8x SLI, we'll probably already be moving on, just like we didn't ever get much past half the throughput of AGP. Maybe I'm wrong, but still...I just wouldn't worry about it. :)

5. acidfire

acidfire What's a Dremel?

I know, I mean I love my machine, just no prior heads up for this just kinda frustrates me. Hmmm, maybe if I email them alot and remind them of the 2g I dropped on their stuff in about 15 sec they'll take pity on me :p Nah, I'm happy with my machine, tears apart anything I throw its way so far. Now if I could only get a laptop with a Turion and GeForce on the same fricken board. Asus, you listening?

BTW Bigz I love you avatar. Remembers me of late nite coding....

6. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Damn, I may wait to order my mother board for my new PC. What benefits will we see from 16X SLi? I know more bandwidth, but will it be like 4x to 8x AGP where there's little o no diference??

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

That's the way that I am seeing it, I'll be buggered if there is a performance difference of more than 1-2%

Tags: Add Tags