1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Corsair Hydro X Liquid-Cooling Kit Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 24 Feb 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

404 cool :D

3. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

Air bubble in the CPU block would do my nut in, I can't help but feel that tilting the case would of got rid of that and maybe had a positive effect on the cooling?

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Unless you go to ridiculous extremes you can ignore the entire debate around the amount and application method of thermal paste.

Just make absolutely sure you never show or tell anyone how you do it.
    (Because people are immune to test results that prove the debate is BS and attack you regardless).

The_Crapman likes this.
  5. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

I'm pretty sure that particular air bubble will have only aesthetic effects. The CPU block Corsair designed has a lot of extra space in it, and Mister Bubble is nowhere near the heat transfer fins. So that bubble's got a pretty small surface area to work with, and it isn't directly over the die. (I think the area the bubble is in only even exists for aesthetic purposes, making the bubble's refusal to leave it actually kinda funny)

But yeah, laying the case on its side for a couple seconds would get that air out and flood the entire chamber like nobody's business. Surprisingly, it actually purged itself the first time the loop was filled, before they added the video block. It may decide to leave with a power cycle.

maverik-sg1 likes this.
  6. Zak33

Zak33 Staff Lover of bit-tech Administrator

this... /\ with huge bells, and golden chimes and all sorts of lighting, and singing angels.

Few people agree... and fewer still with my way ;) @MLyons

The_Crapman likes this.
  7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

The air bubble didn't appear to be their when it was just the CPU block, so wouldn't have had any affect on the results. But yeh that would do my head in too. Spent half an hour chasing bubbles out a GPU block the other week. Little ******* kept popping back in every time I thought I'd clear him.

maverik-sg1 likes this.
Tags: Add Tags