1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Crysis 2 leaked

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by tennisball, 11 Feb 2011.

1. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

As long as games exist, there will be pirates. Its a question of who's going to effectivly steal from the game Devs and who's going to sit back and wait for the true release.

2. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

I wasn't condoning piracy at all I simply meant that Crytek were crying a little hard for a developer with over a million sales of 1 game in addition to all the copies of Far cry sold when other studios were having a hard time selling games. It just came across like they were spoiled brats demanding more instead of being happy with what they got.

As for the Free Radical guys from what I understand they never made any PC games they just ported Second Sight to PC from the PS2 version nothing else they made got to PC.

3. Coldon

Coldon What's a Dremel?

1 million sales is not a lot compared to the amount of hype and advertising crysis had. Furthermore consider how many "sold" copies were given to OEM manufacturers to be bundled with hardware.

At the end of the day, with all the hype you'd expect it to have sold a few more copies than 1 million. Like I said, locally everyone had the game but almost no one bought it. Crytek has huge research departments and that money needs to come from somewhere. I doubt cryengine licensing is helping all that much.

4. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I doubt they "give" 1 million copies to OEMs. Copies of Crysis 2 bundled with nVidia graphics cards will be part of the agreement in which nVidia gave millions of dollars to Crytek.

5. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

All I can say is I neither linked to nor gave advice on how to steal the game so trying to get BitTech to impose some sort of carpet bomb approach to peoples opinions is equally dangerous. I also in no way said other people should pirate it at all just that I might and I find the entire situation funny. Also indeed my username is an alias :p but I would have happily posted that statement under my own name without fear but really to say that I am a propaganda spokesperson for piracy is a bit harsh and speaks volumes to how much you read my post in the first place but more to the point if people are so easily led they will do what I say then god help us all.

Also inferring that Somali pirates or any kind of criminal underworld element could profit from this is just outright lunacy I think someones bought into the propaganda of the media industry a little too much.

I would like to point out the utter hypocrisy of posting this news in the first place. Bit Tech is doing far more to publicise the release of this than I am commenting on the story most people won't even bother to read the comments yet some how it's the few in the comments section that are getting the blame. Everyone knows how to google search for these items and will likely have it in seconds so Bit Tech posting about it is far more damaging than anything I could ever do so it would be in rather bad taste to ban anyone but those posting links.

I would say given the system requirements at the time of release they were lucky to get that many but it's all academic isn't it. They probably broke even at the very least and hell the game is still selling today.

6. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

Can't seem to delete this

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'd rather pay for the finished article. I can wait a while.

Most of the scum that download this would probably steal it anyway, given the chance.

8. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

The main thing is that you didn't over generalise and make yourself look stupid.

The Toy likes this.
  9. Coldon

Coldon What's a Dremel?

Where did you read nvidia gave millions to crytek? Please dont tell me kitguru, that site is so full of crap its not even funny. There isnt a single reference of nvidia giving crytek money apart from that site. Nvidia probably provided free technical support and development advice, but i highly doubt they would pay millions to a single game company. Thats absolutely ludicrous.

Of-course they didnt give away a million copies, but its not unreasonable to say 50 000+ copies were given to OEMS at greatly reduced prices. My point was that of the 1 million copies, the minority would have been sold at full price.

This leak may have no effect on the game's sales (i hope) but its not a guarantee.

Furthermore I am highly doubtful that this leak originated from the dev's at crytek. I'd bet that its probably a QA build that was leaked. The industry is experiencing a lot of layoffs at the moment and I doubt any developer would do anything that could affect their job security...

10. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Does nobody else think that publicizing the fact that the game is all over TPB will just lead to more downloads??

11. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

The fact that nVidia contributes significant amounts of cash to games developers is very well established. They did so with Crysis for a very obvious reason - the game had a very significant impact on graphics cards sales, especially as nVidia had the best card available, the 8800 GTX. They also did the same with Mafia 2 to increase awareness of PhysX "needing" a second card for it. Is it SO hard to see that relationship?

12. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    That includes posting images, videos and commentaries about the leaked build, right?

13. Coldon

Coldon What's a Dremel?

and your proof? TWIMTBP offers development support and assistance, not cash. AMD claims nvidia paid developers to use physx, nvidia has denied it. No developers have come out saying that they received any compensation for implementing physx. Take for example the Batman AA fiasco, why do nvidia cards have AA? Cause nvidia sent engineers to the developers to help them implement AA on top of an engine that does not inherently support AA. AMD could have done the same but they didnt. It's easy to find conspiracies where there arent any.

Also you do realize that high end graphics cards do not constitute the bulk of nvidia's income. Nvidia made way more money off of the 8400/8500 cards than they did off of the 8800 series. At one stage almost every PC at work had an 8400GS in it since that was what the OEM bundled... So just for my work alone we had nearly 7000 8400cards. mid-range to low-end cards as well as specialized CAD oriented cards is nvidia's main source of income, not high-end cards. Do you really think that getting Joe Blogg gamer to buy an extra card for physx is really going to out weigh Joe Corporation buying 10000 8400GS's for their office PCs. OEM sales account for the majority of video card sales, video games will have little to no effect on the choice of cards for OEM manufacturers.

Your arguments are shortsighted and naive.

14. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Am pretty sure the 1 million sales came pretty soon after the intial release of Crysis, i would suspect the overall sales to date are well in excess of that figure now, with the various discounts etc. I must be unique in that i purchased 2 copies of the game, only because the first purchase was from EA's download service and i had so many problems trying to get the game to launch after various PC upgrades and reinstalls that i decided to buy it in the last steam sale to ensure a trouble free experience.

I'll wait for the actual release of the game and bit-tech's review before deciding whether to buy Crysis 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALZZx1xmAzg

15. Coldon

Coldon What's a Dremel?

please delete...

16. ian8415

ian8415 What's a Dremel?

+1

17. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Stopped reading your post here.
    Nvidias actions on Batman AA were shameful.

18. Coldon

Coldon What's a Dremel?

last time i checked, spending money to help a competitor isnt how a business is run... AMD could have sent engineers to add AA but they didnt. Nvidia did, they did the work and OMG they locked it to their cards... Wow, shock and horror. Who would have thought that they would have done it.

And if it was so simple to do why didnt the game devs do it themselves... meh, I dont want to argue this point any further as it is completely off topic. And that wasnt the point I was trying to make with my post.

19. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Really, who cares.

It's a console game. It'll be crap.

P

20. jamesislush

jamesislush What's a Dremel?

This annoys me no end. I wish people would understand the implications of downloading PC games. It's not at all the same as downloading a bit of music or a movie, which let's face it, everyone does.
    Music and movies will always be there, but PC games may not.
    Why should developers spend millions developing PC games which they aren't going to make profit from when they can make buckets just developing console games? It really scares me that the PC gaming industry is soon going to collapse completely.