1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crysis 2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 22 Mar 2011.

1. Deders

Deders Modder

For some reason using that messed with my lighting, ended up flashing dark and light when I moved, and there was a weird dual 3D elyptical shadow in front of me when moved the mouse, still useful for skipping the intro though.

The EVGA SLI profile enables 4x AA by default anyway so I'm happy

2. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Have been reading that SLI gives problem in this game. Might be causing that.

3. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

So I loaded the game up for the first time this morning before work and it really irks me that Prophet would give me a suit that samples my DNA. HE WAS CRAZY INFECTED, I DON'T WANT YOUR STUPID SUIT GIVING ME THE DAM VIRUS, IT'S GONNA KILL ME! Also, spawning in multi-player is . . . in need of fixing. Otherwise the game works fine, no errors, no graphical glitches, no crazy stupid AI, although the AI isn't that impressive to begin with. Hopefully the rest of the game has some secrets hidden up it's sleeve, not banking on it though.

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

You say no graphical glitches ? :D
    [​IMG]

And it's not a screenshot of a moment, that guy was "standing" here like that :).

5. Deders

Deders Modder

Looks like somebody had trouble parking their head

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Have you never face dived into concrete before? That's what happens!

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I have just finished Crysis 2

verdict: lots of flash, no soul. decent but ultimately forgettable. bit like a Michael Bay film.

shame really :/

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

wow that was fast.

can we expect some Ninja videos?

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

yeah 7 hours, and no. its just wasn't fun, in fact it was hideously unbalanced because of how shitty a control scheme it had. dont get me started on the so called "leaning" system :wallbash:

10. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    You could have used a gamepad. Seemed more adequate for a console port.

11. contact

contact What's a Dremel?

Partially the same deal here. Although I did enjoy it, just not as a Crysis game. It'd be okay for me if it wasn't called Crysis 2.

Controls were atrocious, even after turning off the toggle crouch and remapping half the keys. I found the nanosuit wheel menu unresponsive and useless. Sneak kills were annoying. I don't want to be locked in an animation for ten years. In Crysis 1 the amount of time I was visible after going for a sneak melee kill depended on how fast I was. Now I have to wait for the shitty animation to finish before I can do anything. AI was sometimes good, sometimes dumb as a rock (grenading friendlies etc). Don't know why they decided to give the most common enemy in the game the most distinctive voice actor (who also voiced Sarge in BC2.) On the hardest difficulty, no independent save function means I don't want to be daring or experimental.

The satisfaction aim of this game seems to be crushing opponents with ridiculous suit armour capabilities, massive machine guns and lots of blood where as with Crysis 1 for me it was in successfully pulling off a strategy cleanly.

12. Cool_CR

Cool_CR What's a Dremel?

Dont rail on it just cause it has a console version. The only game that is flooring my pc right now is dragon age 2 everytime im out of the city the frame rate crashes to a stutter if i have AA on its even worse and yes my system does play crysis warhead fine.

Got to say i did like crysis 2 it had some good set pices i didnt like the way your best attack was just to grab anything running at you (hammer that F key head shots are not kills but a grab is). is so stupid that that half the aliens have CC attacks and you have a one hit kill with the grab while your melee attack take like 4 hits or one if you stealth V thats right CXV all do something god thats bad maping. Also the timing for when you have the points to spend on unlocks is really wonky and the AI is at times epic in its stupidity.(they have an agro range shoot from out side it and they wont move even shoot them or if you kill the guy next them they just stand there.)

What the console should be bashed for and its not low res texture files as if all my old games looked this good everything would be due a replay. Its the lack of a save option that is very irritateing as with the compleatly random AI it make it very hard to know if you will make a run from cover or not but the awful button map is just so hard to get used to scopes only have one zoom you have to sit there changing scope to zoom out sigh???

Its like they took all the stuff from other games not the best parts but not the worst.
    So your protagonist makes Gordon look chaty so the bad guys get stuck on corners and sometime just losse interst in you even though you havent moved so everything you can do is down to nanites and that just like Dues Ex so what if your fighting for you life one minute then a cut sceen starts and all the aliens just magicly dispear its ok it still quite fun.

Not thinking that much of the online game though but will have to give it some more time.

Dont use the lean its just evil stupid and a waste of time.

They missed a chance to have an SPOILER
    epic fight in the Hargreave room i was so expecting there to be other nano soldiers but its like you got the only one even though the others are on display i mean they would be usefull even if the others couldnt do the spoor interface the troops could do with the back up

Also dont ask for speed runs of this game they will be really bad as that is all you will acutaly get is some guy running to check points no skill just head down and run the AI has no clue if your moving as speed half the time you will make it (i was playing on the second highest difficulty and im not in any way a speed gamer or skilled).

Its hard to drive anything in this game but at least there are no boats and no aircraft (that you have to fly).

Saying all that at least there was no 2 hour boss fight i will never get over of forgive that DA2 FFS 2 hours.

13. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Cool_CR, did anyone ever told you about the nice character called comma ? Try to use it, your wall o'text will be much much more readable.

On more serious note, i laughed hard on final fight, because when i ran out of the ammo i won the final fight on meelee :D.

14. microsoftPerson

microsoftPerson What's a Dremel?

shorten the top line on the seven and you'll have a one and a more accurate score.

15. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

16. Bugste81

Bugste81 Stephen

Played the first half hour or so and other than some ropey car models it seems more fun than the origonal and even Warhead

Tags: Add Tags